What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkOblivious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something a little different.

Hi Everyone,

I just got 4 of my books/comics approved for iBooks, very exciting.

I’ve always been a fan of silent storytelling. As a graphic artist as well, my intent is always to make a comic story that also works as a piece of art. I love trying to combine the flow of a story with the aesthetics of color, balance, shape and form. Some end up more art than story and others more story than art but that’s what makes each piece a unique experience.

Letters By the Number
Rock Meets Cloud
Evolution 101
Abduction

Thanks very much!

Mark Gonyea

Last edited by a moderator:

AvidApple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that my book 'Beyond the Comfort Zone' by James M Turner is now finally available via the iBookstore.

The book is a 'Thriller/Memoir' and has hit the number one spot several times in different categories on the kindle, beating out titles such as 'Killing Pablo' and 'Eat Pray Love'. It has almost universal 5 star reviews across Amazon as well as numerous rave reviews out there in the blogoverse. Currently in talks for the film rights.

If you like books such as Papillion, Damage Done, Marching Powder and particularly Shantaram you will enjoy my book. It has been called 'A Shantaram for south east asia'

Read some of the Amazon reviews by searching for the above title and James Turner (sorry, can't post links) Amazon UK also has some great reviews and you can find them at the .co.uk site

More quotes from reviews:

Kindle Nation:
A stunning memoir...We've had a spate of memoirs the past few years by performers with little story to tell and even less skill for storytelling, but James M. Turner is a glorious exception. He engaged me fully with the story of his ascent as a musician, but this book was transformed from a good read to a can't-put-down with the compelling tale of the deeds and dangers involved in his struggles for human decency in the jungle of southeast Asia. Along the way he reveals a novelist's touch for narrative and dialogue. It's not only a wonderful story of one man's times, but better yet, of his struggle to redeem those times

James M Turner offers a vividly told story...will redefine your definition of 'Adventure'

an extraordinary piece of work

...a Shantaram for south east asia

I hope everyone enjoys reading the book. Thanks for your time.

Best
JMT
you can find out more about me at my website which is james m turner dot com

Sybelius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Messiah of Green Street

The Messiah of Green Street tells the story of Sahil, born to Bangladeshi immigrants Karim and Anjana in the deprived melting pot of Upton Park, London. This strange-looking prodigal of a boy – who can allegedly speak Arabic and Hebrew from birth - is greeted as a miracle and ‘a child of the world’, but the superstitious adulation of his community slowly ebbs and sours as the realities of life as a disenfranchised and dispossessed second generation immigrant take over. The story of Sahil and his family, of their friends, relatives and neighbours is mordantly satirical, deeply poignant and very funny. As Sahil grows into adulthood and becomes more and more disillusioned with his lot, his reluctant attempts to connect with his roots, buried under the weight of slavery, colonialism and racial hatred, take him in unexpected directions on the way to his own particular truth.

"He has written a remarkable novel that resonates with the picaresque wonders of Gunter Grass' The Tin Drum, the enchanting magical realism of Gabriel Garcia Marquez' One Hundred Years of Solitude, and the seemingly effortless balance of humanity and humor that animate the pages of a Zadie Smith or Salman Rushdie."
—Stephen Windwalker, Kindle Nation Daily

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/MESSIAH-GREEN-STREET-ebook/dp/B003MVZMC0]THE MESSIAH OF GREEN STREET eBook: Shuab Parvez: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store[/ame]

Trent McNair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.myfirstorganics.com
Color Childrens Storybook - iBooks Exclusive

"How a Garden Saves the Earth" By Trent and Linda McNair

It took us a few months to develop this 24 page children's storybook after 6 years of research as a fixed-width ePub, exclusively for the iPad because of it's superior resolution, color illustrations, and quality.

"How a Garden Saves the Earth", tells a story about Reed, who buys his fruits and vegetables from the supermarket, and Posey, who grows her own in the backyard. The tale talks about the different journeys of Reed and Posey's fruits and vegetables. It simplistically explains the benefits of growing your own, recycling and supporting local, sustainable agriculture. In other words, it's an entertaining science, nutrition and environmental lesson - all in one!

Until today, this title was only available in print form as part of a full K-3 classroom curriculum that we developed alongside our organic seed starting kits. Now families can enjoy it on their iPads as well!

Parents, you will enjoy it as much as the kids. We reference all of the research in the final pages in our A Note for Grownups section. It's packed with valuable links and information on how you can act once you read this eye-opening short story!

I'd love to hear what you all think!

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

JA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
jaclement.wordpress.com
Hey all:

'On Dark Shores 1: The Lady' is my debut novel, first in a series of dark fantasy novels (no vampires or werewolves, though!)

Here's the blurb:
= = = =
It is ten years after the Shantar-Mardonese war. In the harbour town of Scarlock, dominated by the moneylender Copeland, the outside world seems far away; but events are in motion that will bring the world to Scarlock.

To protect her sister, the thief Nereia must take desperate measures which will catapult her into a place of nightmare and legend.

Before long, she will find herself On Dark Shores; and the choices she makes there will shape the future of the world she knows as well as the world she has yet to discover.

= = = =

It is .99c and so far has had a series of 4* and 5* reviews - please take a look and let me know what you think. It's available in the iBookstore and other e-stores in various formats (links in sig).
Regards;
JAC

PS: 'Book 2: The Mother' is due out later in the summer.

Author of 'On Dark Shores' series
'Book 1: The Lady' currently available
in iBookstore, Amazon UK and US, and Smashwords

TUSIV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.johnphillipbackus.com, afterthefallseries.com
The post-apocalyptic adventure saga begins!

Hunter - After The Fall (Book One) by John Phillip Backus

In volume one of his epic post-apocalyptic adventure saga, master storyteller John Phillip Backus brings this not-so-distant vision of the future to life with intriguing characters, gifted narrative, believable settings and mythic heroes and villains. Driven by a riveting storyline brilliantly illustrated by Asheville, NC artist, Chad Schoenauer, the author weaves his linguistic magic until the reader is utterly immersed in this brave new world and dare not fail to turn the next page for fear of missing out.
On his own in the Wyoming wilderness, fourteen years after the End War and its aftermath nearly wiped out the human race, self-exiled survivor, Hunter Macintosh, is suddenly faced with more than he bargained for-three sisters and a child crossing the uncharted wilds alone.
Suspicious at first, Hunter soon discovers they've traveled more than three hundred miles to find him, at the request of their father, Adam Planchet-Hunter's former commander and comrade-in-arms-whose besieged Colorado community is at risk of being overrun by lawless hordes! Honor-bound by a pledge made many years earlier, Hunter agrees to return with Elise Planchet to help turn the tide before all is lost.
Set against the majestic backdrop of the North American Rockies, Hunter - After The Fall is an engrossing tale of adventure, betrayal and hope, where the true character of an individual is thoroughly tested and the outcome uncertain at best. Join Hunter and Elise as they battle bands of outlaws, enraged grizzlies, numbing blizzards, armed militias and their own stubborn hearts in an epic tale of good-versus-evil in a potential future all too easy to conceive!

Available for iPads in the Apple iBookstore and through our personal website. Thank you!

Attachments

• huntercover.jpg
    huntercover.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 177

AD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Breakout bestsellers with Sony, but no sales with Apple

Hi,
Despite my six books being distributed with Apple, I haven't had a single ibook sale since August 2010. Up until then they were moving well. A couple have been charting very well with Sony, Piwko's Proof is currently 56th in the thriller charts, with An Evil Shadow snapping at its heels.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me to understand this disparity.

AJ Davidson

Last edited:

DD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am proud to finally announce my first self-published eBook and join this board now that IÂ’m involved in the iPad community.

My eBook is called New in Town Chicago . ItÂ’s an eBook designed to help people moving to Chicago adapt to life in the Windy City. It takes the fres new resident, step by step, through the process of starting a new life - from finding a place to live in the Chicago neighborhoods, to settling in, to getting around on the Chicago CTA, to finding places to go, things to do, and people to meet.

The book is different from other books about moving to Chicago because it has less technical information and more advice on building a new life here. Most people who live in Chicago came from small Midwestern towns and the Windy City can be a lonely place during your first few months here. The purpose of this book is to help people through that by showing them how to get settled in comfortably and how to meet people and find interesting things to do – like getting into the Chicago theater scene and visiting the many Chicago street fests.

Unfortunately, I originally made in PDF with hundreds of pictures and beautiful formatting. So when I made the iBookstore version I had to strip most of that away. However, it still has the same great information about moving to Chicago. I think Lulu or Smashwords is still working to approve my book for the iBookstore, so if it's not on there, you can find it at my website.

The PDF version is sold on my blog – New in Town Chicago .....
The blog contains additional and updated information about moving to Chicago and great tips and advice for new residents as well as people who already live in Chicago. I would love it if anyone could provide any feedback on my blog or participate in the article discussions.

If any reader would like to write to write a review for my book, I would be happy to send you a free copy. Or if there are any authors on here who would like to do a review exchange, we can read and review each otherÂ’s eBooks.

Thanks! I hope to get to know everyone on this board and contribute to this wonderful community of readers and writers.

newintownchicago.jpg

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
No External Links...including Email/Facebook/Twitter Accounts

es

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Earthship Book in iBookstore

Earthship Global Model Operation 1: Tire Work

link:
itunes.apple.com/us/book/earthship-global-model/id422664732?mt=11

Operation One defines the overall footprint of the building. For a two bedroom Earthship, 20 people can stay busy and accomplish more, taking advantage of the “group effortâ€.

As with any construction project, there are many things going on at once. This book is meant to be a step by step guide, therefore, it is important to follow these directions and proceed accordingly, step-by-step.

This guide and the Global Model itself is the result of over 40 years of research and development, both in the field and ‘on the drawing board’ - all over the world, in every climate. Many books and videos are available that were produced during this forty years of development. It is advisable to become familiar with them all.

Operation 1: Tire Work Overview
The first part of constructing your building is the most important part. Take your time, double check your work, then triple check your work.
• Layout first tire and string.
• Pound first few courses.
• Begin Thermal Wrap & Layout Vent Tubes.
• Pound more tires & prepare for Cisterns.
• Place Cisterns and finish Thermal Wrap.
Available on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Category: Art & Architecture
Published:Feb 22, 2011
Publisher: Earthship Biotecture
Seller: Earthship Biotecture
Print Length: 46 Pages
Language: English

gthater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.glenngthater.com
Free Epic Fantasy by Glenn G. Thater

THE HARBINGER OF DOOM SAGA

The Harbinger of Doom saga centers around one Lord Angle Theta, an enigmatic warrior of unknown origins and mystical power. No mortal man is his match in battle. No sorcery can contain or confound him. No scholar or sage can outwit him. But for all his skills, he is but one of us; a man, a human, who shares our faults, our dreams, and our ambitions. He boldly strides across the land, fearless, peerless, and cloaked in mystery; all his will bent on righting such wrongs as he deems fit.
Until the day the Gateway opened and turned the world on its head. On that fateful day, Korrgonn came and washed away our dreams. And his outre' realms of chaos set their unholy mark upon our world and claimed it for their own.
Only Theta and his companions see the enemies aligning against us. Only they foresee our end coming -- the end of civilization, the end of the world of man. Only they can hope to turn the tide of madness and preserve all that we hold dear.
But no man, not even our greatest hero, can stand against the Lords of Chaos and the dark armies of Nifleheim at their command. Fiends that infiltrate unseen within our ranks, that tear down our temples and our traditions; that devour us from within, unseen, unknown, unheralded, and unopposed until the hour grows far too late.
Through the murk and mist that hangs before our eyes, one man only sees true. One man pierces the veil of magic that blinds us all and marks the world as it truly is, revealing secrets, secrets of Angle Theta, so horrifying as to shatter a man's mind and call into question the very nature of good and evil.
Join us now on our journey back to the days of high adventure.

The Harbinger of Doom Saga available at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, Smashwords.com, the Sony Ebook Store, the Apple IPAD bookstore, Kobo Books, and other leading eBook and paperback retailers.

Book 1: The Gateway (Free for IPAD)
Book 2: The Fallen Angle
Book 3: Knight Eternal
Books 1 & 2 combined: Harbinger of Doom
Book 4+ (forthcoming)

Glenn G. Thater

N

NathanM

The Cloud Connection

Alister has no ordinary connection to the Cloud

Alister is on the run, wanted by MI5, NSA and hunted by a ruthless Private Military Corporation who all want the secret of his ability to hack into anything, anytime, anywhere. When militant cyber-activists offer to help, he finds himself hurtling towards a confrontation that could kill thousands. Smart Sci-fi Action. The first in a dynamic new series.

What readers are saying about ‘The Cloud Connection’
“I thoroughly enjoyed this.â€
“Wonderful piece of science fiction.â€
“All the characters are well conceived and beautifully defined.â€
“a gifted and very natural storytellerâ€
“The kind of high-action, fast-paced dynamism that make the ‘Alex Ryder’ novels so successful.â€
“plenty of intrigue, mysteries, wists and turns.â€

KL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thrills, Laughs...bestsellers and now iBooks...bring on the shame!

I'm an author, new to the forum, and would love to introduce you to my novels. I will show you bookcovers in a separate post.

Happy Reading!

--Katia

KL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shameless promotion, here I come....

Hello. I'm an author of bestselling thrillers, humor, and even a young adult novel. If you're a reader, please take a look at my books, which have been called "mesmerizing" (Lisa Gardner), "brilliant," (Suspense Magazine), and "laugh-aloud funny" (Publishers Weekly).

They're all available on iTunes.

Please take a moment to browse, buy, read and ...
ENJOY.

Edited by Moderator - No external links

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davidhburton said:
Hi all! I know the iPad is just barely out the door, but before all us authors start cluttering your forum with our endless plugs to promote our books, I figured I would start one thread for such purposes. That way authors can throw it all in here and keep your forum free from clutter <cough> spam <cough>. And if you want to see what we're plugging, then just drop in here.

Cheers!
David

I write paranormals for Signet Eclipse. Coming Aug 2, 2011: Darkness Descending, A novel of the Vampire Armageddon.

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
No External Links...including Email/Facebook/Twitter Accounts

Mummy_Misfit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New British Chick Lit - Diary of a Mummy Misfit

An hilarious look at the Haves and the Have-Nots as Amanda Egan explores the school gate stereotypes found in London's private school set - or indeed the world over.

Download a preview for free and, if your friends don't have a Kindle or Kindle-compatable device, they can download a free Kindle-to-PC app from Amazon UK or US before buying.

Also on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter (Mummy_Misfit) and Blogging at Diary of a Mummy Misfit Blog (daily musings unrelated to book content).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts