What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarelRex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How the Kwinch Tricked Starbucks!!

How the Kwinch Tricked Starbucks!! By Professor Rex!

A humorous parody of Dr. Seuss's classic Christmas story.

(Not affiliated with nor endorsed by Random House Inc., Dr. Seuss Enterprises L.P., or Starbucks Corporation.)

Available for purchase today for a measly $3 at: iTunes - Books - How the Kwinch Tricked Starbucks by Darel Rex Finley
Probably less than your favorite fancy coffee drink. ;)

HowTheKwinchTrickedStarbucks.jpg

Hope you like it! :)

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Cat Book is a collection of sketches from various iPad and iPod art apps:

20 landscapes IV is a collection of ad created, imagined and remembered landscape images

http://wp.me/P38YJ-Qm

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankfiore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.frankfiore.com
The Enhanced eBook Version of Cyberkill is Now Released

CyberKill Cover.jpg

The enhanced eBook version of Cyberkill is now released.

Cyberkill
is available as an Enhanced digital mobile app on the iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ mobile devices including the Kindle Fire and the NOOK™. So if you have portable devices that run on those two platforms you can download the entire advertising-supported Cyberkill enhanced digital mobile app for FREE !!. That’s right, FREE !!

You can turn off the ads at any time via in-app purchase for $4.99.

For more background and info on CyberKill – the enhanced book – go xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and at XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The new features available in the Enhanced digital app version of Cyberkill, many of which have never been seen in a digital book before,include seamless switching between the text version and a full audio version of the story, evolving synopsis, character lookup and biography, dynamic links to incorporate the power of the web into the book, sharing through social media and email, bookmarking, recorded annotations, author videos and commentaries, and author interaction.

Why did I want Cyberkill converted into a digital app? I wanted to share a story with as wide an audience as possible, using whatever narrative tools were at my disposal. I was really excited about releasing the Cyberkill Enhanced digital app because it allowed me to add elements to the story that would have been impossible in a traditional eBook. This new technology creates a new way for authors and readers to approach books that enrich and extend storytelling, and I’m hoping readers will like what we’ve created.”

In short, readers now can ‘experience’ a book and not just read it.
Download the app and experience the future of digital publishing. Please add a review in the Android market or Apple App Store after you you’ve experienced the book.

And Remember:
You can still purchase the dead tree version of Cyberkill or the traditional e-book version for your Kindle, or Sony Reader.

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
No External Links...including Email/Facebook/Twitter Accounts

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dougrogers said:
The Cat Book is a collection of sketches from various iPad and iPod art apps:

20 landscapes IV is a collection of ad created, imagined and remembered landscape images

http://wp.me/P38YJ-Qm

That's 'iPad created'...

KL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WATERBURY: "Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down!"

How have your holidays been so far this year? For the family is this novel, well, things could be better. If you love reading crime novels, you won't want to miss this!

new cover-waterbury-ebook-hi-res-final(slightly smaller).jpg
iTunes - Books - Waterbury by Katia Lief

What readers are saying so far:
Great read
This author writes a great mystery. Moves right along. Have read all her books and have love them all
Great read
Really great short read for a cold wintery night
Suspenseful to the max
Very good mystery, I love the writing style of this author. [/b][/color]She brings depth to the characters and develops a very realistic storyline that kept me on edge. Loved it.
Loved this!
Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down
Great book, especially for the holidays!
This really suspenseful thriller revolves around a family at the holidays. The plot builds to a boil in this exciting book.

See more at Edited by Moderator - No external links

GI3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Charles. I'm a longtime fan (20 years +) of the gorgeous Green Iguana. I live in the Caribbean and get to admire them "in the wild" pretty often. Have been taking pictures of them for the past two years or so. Earlier this year I was inspired to make a digital photo book starring Iguana Iguana. It's called "Green" and is now available in the iBookstore. It's my small tribute to these awesome reptiles and their fascinating habits and personalities. Hope everyone that purchases thoroughly enjoys the experience. All the best for 2012 to Forum members and viewers, and especially to all fans of the Green Iguana. To see it just navigate to my iPF username.

Last edited:

Code9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ashreturnofthebeast.webs.com
Whew! After 3 years of work I've finally finished and released my 2nd novel on Kindle!:D
Ash: Return Of The Beast - Kindle, $3.99

Ash: Return of the Beast is an occult mystery-crime-thriller, a work of fiction based on a little known factoid about the death of Aleister Crowley (1875-1947), the notorious occultist the British press once called "The Wickedest Man In The World".

Crowley’s body was cremated but the whereabouts of his ashes has remained a mystery… until now.

This diabolical tale carries the reader through a series of the most curious (and sometimes unsettling) events spanning the years from 1947 and the death of Aleister Crowley to the 1990s and the coming-of-age (and eventual stardom) of a "death-metal" rocker named Rodney Duckworth.

The time-line shifts to the present day where Brian Kane, a gruff and gritty, street-worn Seattle Police Detective, reluctantly teams up with the mysterious Rowena Ravenwood, an attractive female FBI agent. Their task is to figure out why good, healthy, God-fearing preachers in their fair city are suddenly dropping dead.

What are those strange symbols branded onto the bodies of these hapless victims? Are they all part of some bizarre cult? No eyewitnesses. No fingerprints. Is it really murder? Where’s the evidence? And what is the disturbing secret that Detective Kane is holding so close to his chest?

The investigation catapults Kane and Ravenwood headlong into life-threatening situations as they wind their way through the strange, dark labyrinth of the world of the occult and find themselves battling the powerful forces of ritual magick.

Problem is, the clues to help solve the case are in terribly short supply. Worse yet, so is the amount of time left to stop the mysterious killer's reign of terror before all Hell breaks loose. And – according to Special Agent Ravenwood – that’s not just a figure of speech.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Rated PG-13+ for strong language and some implied sexual content of a violent nature. Note: the sexual content is implied as opposed to graphic. It is not included as a gratuitous element. Rather, it is specific to the background of one of the primary characters and his personal development as well as to an aspect of certain elements of what is known as "ritual magick", one of the key elements woven into the storyline.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

REVIEWS:

Riveting Occult Crime Thriller
5 out of 5 stars *****
Review by Rai Aren, co-author of the award-winning novel, Secret of the Sands

Ash: Return of the Beast is a dark and compelling journey into the world of magick and the legacy of Aleister Crowley. The author has done excellent work in researching the life of the occultist, once called "The Wickedest Man in the World", and the world of dark magick. It is a very interesting read for those aspects alone, but more than that, it weaves a modern occult thriller, that contains shocking elements, with historical facts for a truly unique, fast-paced tale that commands the reader's attention and doesn't let go for a moment.

The story weaves effortlessly back and forth between the work of the detectives and the FBI, and an enigmatic rock star and his death-metal band Mega Therion, as a serial killer unleashes an intense rage upon members of the priesthood. Demonic forces rise as practitioners of dark magick summon them forth. The story is descriptive, unforgiving, and disturbing, as it races along a perilous course to a shocking ending.

Ash: Return of the Beast will appeal to anyone with a fascination with the occult, the paranormal, murder mysteries and police procedurals. The colorful main characters, with deep secrets of their own, bring the reader along on a macabre journey that spirals outwards to all kinds of intriguing places. From rock 'n roll to the very depths of the underworld itself, Ash is a wild ride into a shadow world you won't soon forget. Brilliantly conceived and executed - I couldn't put it down!

•••••••••••••••••••••••
ASH: RETURN OF THE BEAST
Review by Bob Freeman
4 out of 5 stars ****

Gary Val Tenuta has written an entertaining occult thriller in Ash: Return of the Beast. Populated with interesting characters, particularly Special Agent Rowena Ravenwood and Detective Brian Kane, Ash is an exciting story with plenty of atmosphere and a compelling narrative. The author did his research but chose to write the story with broad strokes as not to alienate the general reading public. Focusing on the more sensational aspects of the notorious history of Aleister Crowley will not win him any love from students of the celebrated magician, but in the context of the story as written, it works. Here, Crowley appears as a caricature of himself, more like Wheatley's Mocata or Maugham's Haddo, than as the more complex individual he was. Still, anyone with a thirst for occult detective stories and supernatural thrillers will find this one a worthwhile roller-coaster ride.

Bob Freeman

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Attachments

• AshKindleBookImage.jpg
    AshKindleBookImage.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 208
  • AshFrontCover3a.jpg
    AshFrontCover3a.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 224

HW1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.hobbwhittons.com
tales of the pahleen - blue fire burning - poster cover image ebook.jpg

Fill your sails and begin an odyssey that will take you beyond the reach of time and tide forever in Hobb Whittons' Award Winning, action-packed fantasy, 'Tales of the Pahleen: Blue Fire Burning'.

iTunes - Books - Tales of the Pahleen: Blue Fire Burning by Hobb WhittonsiTunes - Books - Tales of the Pahleen: Blue Fire Burning by Hobb Whittons

Demonic forces are tearing Wadjamaat's three realms apart, and the planet's telepathic guardians, the Pahleen, are running out of time.

With Nocturnia and her goblin hordes bleeding the life-force from his world, King Kilron finally solves the riddle set long ago by the evil sorceress but there is a 'sting in the tail' ... and it's human.

'Blue Fire Burning is a work of high fantasy ... an admirable and engaging book that should delight readers of all ages... a deserving recipient of our Young Adult Book of the Month Award.'
Fantasy Book Review

fantasy-book-review-logo.jpg

'Blue Fire Burning is entertaining and clever and smart and charming ... there are lovely flights of imagination and description, with games and excitement ... '
BookLore

'Hobb Whittons has created a cast of inventive and colourful characters in his engaging fantasy novel, Blue Fire Burning...
The curtain opens on two amusing and devious goblin men, Grot and Mouldy, who as you may expect, set the scene by their names alone, for this fast-paced ride. Enter the Dark Mistress and King Kilron and his telepaths - the story is never dull for one moment!
Once again, the traditional mainstream genres are challenged by the Indie authors; a brave and topical move. All credit to Hobb for combining his magical and mysterious fantasy with humour, romance and adventure. Lovely to see a carefully published ebook, showing how much time and trouble the author has taken with its production.'
Simon & Schuster bestselling author,

Carol Rivers

[/B]
Hahmi and Wolf.jpg

Blue Fire Burning's Hahmi and Wolf
, as drawn by Cambridge artist, Sarah Dawes

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
No External Links...including Email/Facebook/Twitter Accounts

304009_195995023812414_125397010872216_414910_705193792_n.jpg

Thanks for looking, Hobb
:)

Attachments

• Hahmi and Wolf.jpg
    Hahmi and Wolf.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 227

LD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.25Lessons.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
January 25, 2012, New York City:

SPECIAL COLLEGIATE EDITION

The Other Half, How It Lives and Dies in New York
Bestselling author Lorenzo Domínguez publishes a new edition of Riis’ 1890 classic How the Other Half Lives. This special collegiate edition contains over 100 new endnotes that provide insight and context to students of history, American studies, photography, social studies, immigration, social welfare and journalism. Now available on iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Kindle and Kindle Fire.

ABOUT JABOB RIIS AND HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVES
“Jacob Riis is the true Grandfather of Photojournalism,†proclaims bestselling author Lorenzo Domínguez. “Although film publicists have purported that Henri Cartier-Bresson deserves the title, he was not born until 1908, 18 years after Riis published How the Other Half Lives, a best seller that helped establish photojournalism as a true profession.â€

Poetically detailing the lives of the impoverished of New York City's tenement slums at the end of the 19th century, How the Other Half Lives not only brought Riis wide acclaim but also sparked vast social reform at the turn of the twentieth century. It was also one of the first books to use photographs instead of engraved illustrations, which were the standard for images in all forms of print at the time.
In addition to pioneering socio-documentary photography, Riis was also a notable muckraker, a leader of social reform at the advent of the Progressive Era and a personal friend of President Teddy Roosevelt, who wrote in his 1913 autobiography “my whole life was influenced by my long association with Jacob Riis, whom I am tempted to call the best American I ever knew.â€

Also an award-winning New York City street photographer, Domínguez recently restored, edited and published a new edition of this American classic, which is now available for Kindles, iPads and most PCS and smartphones.

“I restored the text, illustrations and photographs of the original 1890 edition, and added the photographs that inspired the original engravings,†explains Domínguez. “Since this is required reading for young scholars across many disciplines— American studies, early American literature, 18[SUP]th[/SUP] Century history, photography, social studies, urban planning, public health and journalism—I supplemented Riis’s 22 original footnotes with 123 new endnotes with Internet hyperlinks to their original sources to provide invaluable insight and context to students.†The paperback version will be available in early 2012.
Specially priced for academic accessibility, the editor adds that this version was created as a public service for the millions of students, history buffs and photography enthusiasts who are interested in how one man and his art can sway public policy and inspire society to make a positive difference in the lives of millions.

ACCOLADES FOR HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVES

· The 50 Best Books for Journalism Students, bestcollegesonline.com
· 50 Greatest Works of Immigration Literature, Online Education Database.org
· 10 most important books to read to understand American history, quora.com
· Top Five Most Important Books in U.S. History, allegoryofhistory.blogspot.com
· Most important books of the 20th century, Vanity Fea
· The Shayne List of a Well-Read Person's Top 100 Books, bohemiem

WHERE TO BUY
Now available on iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Kindle and Kindle Fire at the following sites:
United StatesUnited KingdomFranceGermanyItalySpain
Amazon.comAmazon.co.ukAmazon.frAmazon.deAmazon.itAmazon.es

CREDITS
Jacob A. Riis (Author and Photographer)
Lorenzo Domínguez
(Creator, Editor, Epilogue, Preface)
Enzo Domínguez (Editor)
Victor Perard (Illustrator)
W. T. Fitler (Illustrator)
Kenyon Cox (Illustrator)
Richard Hoe Lawrence (Photographer)
Henry G. Piffard (Photographer)

SPECIFICATIONS
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 1812 KB
Publisher: Chelenzo Ink (10 Dec 2011)
ASIN: B006K7TYPO

Paperback:
350 pages
Publisher: Chelenzo Ink
ISBN-10: 147000447X
ISBN-13: 978-1470004477
Dimensions: 8 x 5 x 0.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 1 pound

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
646.320.6553 lorenzo at 25Lessons - dot - com 25 Lessons

Attachments

• HTHOLforWeb-01-24-12.gif
    HTHOLforWeb-01-24-12.gif
    251.8 KB · Views: 225
  • How-The-Other-Half-Lives-Cover4x6-300dpi.jpg
    How-The-Other-Half-Lives-Cover4x6-300dpi.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1,420

RLC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have quite a few books at the iBookstore; I'll post them when I can.

Expert Assistance

To get out of debt, spacer Jake Bonner takes on two odd jobs. The first, chauffeur pop star Evvie Martini on her tour; the second, helping Daniel and Clarissa Rosen overthrow their planet’s tyrannical ruler. Unfortunately for Jake, Evvie finds out about his second assignment and, hoping to advance her career, invites herself to the revolution. From there the absurdity grows for Jake and his band of “freedom fighters.†Expert Assistance pokes fun at revolutions, pop culture, and some of the cliches of sci-fi.

PR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a small publisher and I figured that along with promoting our books I would throw out a few free codes now that Apple allows us to give away some promo copies. Please only use the code if you think you will read the book. If you do read it please review it in the iBookstore.

mzi.qtqaetsb.225x225-75.jpg

LYPP3KFJXKNT
HLXFKJTMELF3
KAJRPR967YXT
LXY4WHLFE7RR
XYAHAM9FNFWH
JEATH9N93NAE
R9XYEFAJPYTK
3KF6NNWYMFPF
R4A9NYFY6WYK
AFJW3EJHKNA3

Last edited:

cole2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quests of the Beyond

Quests of the Beyond is available for free for another four days on Amazon.

A collection of stories by Manni McCole.

Each story reflects on the quests related to different stages of life and existence. When every single aspect of your existence is beyond your control, but your identity, your sense of honor can still be yours. When the time has taken its toll, and the desperation has brought a new purpose, a new quest, built on the destruction and rejuvenation of your self and your own private world. When your quest is hidden, but it is waiting to be understood, waiting to define your present existence and maybe the life afterwards.

If the stories of the Host, Bal and the Aged traveler catch your attention, please do check out my other two works, a novel, The Structure and another collection of stories, Akaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts