What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidhburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
davidhburton.com
Hi all! I know the iPad is just barely out the door, but before all us authors start cluttering your forum with our endless plugs to promote our books, I figured I would start one thread for such purposes. That way authors can throw it all in here and keep your forum free from clutter <cough> spam <cough>.
biggrin.gif
And if you want to see what we're plugging, then just drop in here.

Cheers!
David

Last edited:
OP
davidhburton

davidhburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
davidhburton.com
So I guess I'll start. Here are my novels.

thesecondcoming-400high.jpg

Five hundred years have passed since the Earth shifted on its axis – a catastrophic event that wiped out civilization and released magic back to Earth. Now, a dark age shrouds our world once more.

Journey into a future rife with witches, conjurers, and mythical creatures that have returned from the nether realm. Follow three intertwined fates: Paine, a young man hunted by Confederation soldiers who are on a crusade to wipe out magic; Brahm, the battle-hardened woman that slaughtered his mother, and in whose body the woman’s soul now resides; and John, a friar once imprisoned for heresy, now assigned by a woman Pope to destroy the boy he unwillingly fathered. Take a voyage to the future as the legions of heaven and hell combine to bring the Words of the Prophecy to fruition.

A war of the gods is coming. And the ones we expect to deliver us from evil are not who they seem.

———–

The Second Coming is the first book of the epic fantasy series, Words of the Prophecy.

———–

“Beautifully written, dark and eerie vision of an apocalyptic future.â€
- Margaret Weis, New York Times Bestselling Author

“David H. Burton is a dark new talent in the genre. This one will make you leave the lights on for a week!â€
- USA Today Bestseller, Cathy Clamp

scourge-400high.jpg

Two dads, five siblings, and goggles! Grim Doyle has always known his life was not exactly "normal", and things get even more curious when he discovers a set of stones that sweep him and his family to the fantasy, steampunk world of Verne - a place they had escaped from years ago. Now that they've returned, Grim and his siblings hide from the evil Lord Victor and his minions. And while learning about Jinns, Mystics, and the power of absinth they try to discover who is trying to kill them with the deadly Scourge.

simianslair-400high.jpg

This 'Tale From the Land of Verne' is a children's short story that takes place in the world of the Grim Doyle Adventures. Enjoy reading about some of the characters you know from Scourge!

Four orphans from the land of Verne are lured into Simian's Lair - a dark abode whose purpose has been lost to the ravages of time. In it dwells an evil that must be cleansed, and from it, they must retrieve a secret that's been locked away for centuries. Join them, along with Madam Patrice and Master Rickett, on a journey where courage is found in the darkest of places.

Also includes the first chapter of Scourge: A Grim Doyle Adventure

broken-400high.jpg

Three days before her twenty-fourth birthday, Katherine Gregory receives a letter from her deceased mother. It details a faery curse in which the eldest child in each generation will die in their twenty-fifth year.

Three days before her twenty-fourth birthday, a new love interest comes knocking, and her first love has returned – neither men are what they seem, and Katherine may have to choose between them.

Three days before her twenty-fourth birthday, Katherine must decide if this is all real, or if the strange visions she’s been having are just a figment of her imagination.

The race to unravel the mystery begins, and Katherine must solve it – for any day after her birthday could be her last.

"I don't feel that I can adequately put into words how much I thoroughly enjoyed this book. In this case, words simply fail me. So, I will do what I have done only one other time...give it a 10 out of 5."
- Forbidden Reviews

5 out of 5 stars: "David H. Burton's talent for weaving an intriguing, engrossing and magnificent tale explodes in Broken."
- Romancing the Book

tlw-400high.jpg

Together for ten years, David and his partner made the decision to become dads. Figuring out they wanted to adopt was easy, the waiting and complications along the way were not. Follow their journey as this same-sex couple tried to start their family and prevent three brothers from being separated.

A heart-warming tale of two dads and their Three Little Wonders.

Cheers!
David

Last edited:

Ami Braverman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paintings on The Father Wall

In the iBookstore now!

A collection of 3 unique short stories addressing the complex relationships between sons and neglectful fathers. The stories deal with intricate issues such as perception, anger, development, sanity and more.
61g6jjq0liL._SS500_.jpg

The stories are:
'A Conflict of Necessity'
A father and son battle it out in a final showdown. The story is portrayed in a special style, depicting it as an intense movie scene.

'Benny and Jiggles'
“Bennie was 8. He was 8 and he already had ancient memories.â€

'Monkey Dynamo’
A surreal story with a twist. A second twist is that the story is prominently based on the author's personal life.

Thanks,
Ami Braverman

Ami Braverman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Synsunder

Sometimes, all a hero can do, is keep you sane.

61xLAPP8ghL._SS500_.jpg

Synsunder ,a supernatural thriller written by a Cognitive Psychologist. Synsunder is the story of Janice, a confused teenage girl that sees horrific images when looking into people's eyes. Are her images real? Do cool kids really have no souls? Why does old Mr. Berenson tell war stories when given a pickle? And is Janice really in danger?
Follow her as she stumbles across the story of the Brothers Synsunder. Will she manage to fight the ancient threat that haunts her? Will she be able to stay sane?

Thanks,
Ami braverman

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all! I know the iPad is just barely out the door, but before all us authors start cluttering your forum with our endless plugs to promote our books, I figured I would start one thread for such purposes. That way authors can throw it all in here and keep your forum free from clutter <cough> spam <cough>.
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
David

That’s really an excellent idea ...

Chris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.chris-dolley.com
International Kittens of Mystery

International_Kittens300x406.jpg

Book View Café releases International Kittens of Mystery, by Chris Dolley

In an uncertain world there is one organisation that stands head and small furry shoulders above the rest. Whenever the planet is in danger - be it from giant balls of wool or bands of renegade squirrels - only one group is guaranteed to answer the call. The International Kittens of Mystery!

This is a journal of their stories. For the first time, cameras have been allowed into one of their top secret training camps - Training Camp Alpha. A camp where, under the supervision of pet humans, recruits are shown not only how to save the world but also how to manage their secret identities - how to blend in and infiltrate the human society that they alone can protect.

If you like a laugh and looking at large colour pictures of cute kittens saving the planet, this is the book for you. It's the book the iPad was designed for - ask Steve Jobs' cat.

The book costs $2.99 and can be downloaded from here:
http://www.bookviewcafe.com/index.php/Chris-Dolley-Bookshelf/Picture-Books/

All proceeds from the book go towards the upkeep of the International Kittens of Mystery orbiting space platform. After all, if an asteroid-sized ball of wool really did threaten the Earth, who're you gonna call? Bruce Willis and his team of miners or the real experts in unravelling balls of wool?

Reviews:

“Suspense! Intrigue! Silly jokes!! And cute kittens. INTERNATIONAL KITTENS OF MYSTERY has it all. The secrets of training kittens to become international superspies. The gadgetry, the secret knowledge (the power of cute) the combat practice, the mice.

“If you don't like cuteoverload.com or I can has Cheezburger/lolcats, this is not for you. If you know what those are I'm guessing you're ready for the INTERNATIONAL KITTENS OF MYSTERY.

“It's definitely one of the best thrillers of the year. It's unputdownable ... a brilliant peek into those secret places where they plot to save the world (from alien sheep?) (well, yeah,)†– Andi Schechter.

DonnaFaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.DonnaFasano.blogspot.com
For fans of women's fiction, chick-lit and romance:

The Merry-Go-Round by Donna Fasano

m_book.jpg

When 38-year-old attorney Lauren Flynn shows up in court, it's usually to defend a client, but now she's ending her marriage to a man whose mistakes have cost her far too much: her nest egg (paying someone else's debts is grating), her freedom (her web-surfing, hypochondriac father is moving back in with her) and her heart (which was broken by deception and lies). Little does she know that she'll be awarded a small piece of swampland and a dilapidated merry-go-round. Although she's momentarily delighted by the circus animals, Lauren is far too sensible to get entangled by enchantment. She quickly learns that the carousel animals are worth a mint, so she rolls up her sleeves and gets to work. Maybe while refurbishing the circus menagerie she can restore some semblance of normalcy to her existence. Or will the merry-go-round cause her to make a mistake or two of her own and teach her lessons she didn't even know she needed to learn before bringing her right back around to where she started? One thing is certain; Lauren discovers that, when she's willing to open her heart to love and forgiveness (of both herself and others), life never fails to offer a wild ride.

Hope you'll take a look at my book. Thanks!

Donna Fasano

Last edited:

Always Write

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.davidderrico.com
Right Ascension and Declination, sci-fi that will make you think for 99 cents

Right Ascension and its sequel, Declination, are science fiction novels that blend action and adventure with philosophical and moral undertones. They invite readers to ponder interesting ethical dilemmas and question their own notions of fairness, honor, and the nature of justice.

bookcover.jpg
deccover.jpg

Right Ascension iBook Store link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn9781452302836

Declination iBook Store link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn9781452302829

Set in the year 3040, Right Ascension examines mankind’s place in the Universe, how we ascended to that lofty position, and the horrifying price of that ascension.

Humanity’s position of political and technological dominance within the galaxy is suddenly shattered when a sleek alien vessel arrives unexpectedly at Earth. Admiral Daniel Atgard and the crew of the Apocalypse embark on a mission to find these enigmatic aliens, but the focus of the mission quickly turns from finding answers to exacting revenge. Meanwhile, a belligerent species of reptilian warriors, seeking to avenge a previous defeat at the hands of the human-controlled United Confederation of Planets, takes this opportunity to plan an all-out assault on Earth. Faced with overwhelming odds and the terrible knowledge of mankind’s most horrifying secret, Daniel must choose between honor ... and humanity’s very survival.

"A morality play transformed into high adventure and that's a working definition of science fiction at its best."
- eBook-Reviews.net

I am thrilled to say that Right Ascension climbed into the Top 500 overall in the Kindle store, Top 15 on the Science Fiction bestseller list, and #1 in "Technothrillers." Please consider giving them a look -- they're now only 99 cents each. Thanks!

- David

PS: For more info, reviews, excerpts, and my "Always Write" blog, please check out my newly-revamped website at

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
David

That’s really an excellent idea ...
I would like to see a book review section, I like the short synopsis each one has, but to get the know a specific reviewer and their preferences,be the agreeable or counter to your own opinion really helps me choose a book.

I would volunteer, but i am an intellectual moron.

Simon Wood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.simonwood.net
I write thrillers and supernatural crime stories under a pen name. A number of my books are now available at the iBookstore.
stiff_s.jpg
scrub_s.jpg
rash_s.jpg
DiD_s.jpg
ask_s.jpg

Working Stiffs
The workplace is a dangerous place. The unscrupulous are ready to take advantage of the innocent. A slight indiscretion can cost the employee everything. A new position can turn a person into someone they are not. Those at the top can be toppled and those at the bottom can be crushed. This award winning short story collection begs the question--aren't some jobs worth killing for?

The Scrubs
James Jeter, a serial killer with a 6th sense, holds court inside Wormwood Scrubs Prison. He's the focus of the "North Wing Project." He can create an alternate world containing the souls of his victims. Fellow inmate, Michael Keeler will earn a pardon if he enters Jeter's world to learn the identity of Jeter's last victim. Keeler can redeem himself, but at a price.

Road Rash
Straley might think his life is cursed, but it doesn't compare to what lies ahead. He's on the run with the loot from a botched bank raid when he comes across an auto wreck. There's no saving the drivers, but he can save himself & steals a car. Alas, he boosts the wrong car. Within an hour, a rash eats at his flesh. If Straley wants his skin back, he must journey on the road to redemption.

Dragged into Darkness
The world is a dark place, even in daylight. DRAGGED INTO DARKNESS features tales of horror from the subtle to the extreme. The characters are ordinary people who are ripped from their daily routines into a dark world. DRAGGED INTO DARKNESS will make you clamor for the light.

Asking for Trouble
The road to crime begins with a single decision—the wrong one. Not every decision belongs to the criminally minded. Some belong to the ill-informed, the weak and the plain unlucky. In these tales, trouble isn't an indiscriminate force of nature. It's a manmade occurrence that comes when called upon. Asking For Trouble is a case of good intentions gone bad and bad intentions gone worse.

I hope people will check them out.

Last edited:

ShayneParkinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Sentence of Marriage

SOM-1.jpg

“I won’t have her forced,†Jack said. “Let her decide for herself.â€

Amy knew her father meant it. She could say no if she wanted. But this marriage would make everything all right. They could put all the trouble she had caused behind them. Everyone would be happy again.

Everyone except her.

In 19th Century New Zealand, there are few choices for a farm girl like Amy. Her life seems mapped out for her by the time she is twelve. Amy dreams of an exciting life in the world beyond her narrow boundaries. But it is the two people who come to the farm from outside the valley who change her life forever, and Amy learns the high cost of making the wrong choice.

The first in a series of historical novels set in New Zealand. Sentence of Marriage is free as a download.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I ask where our new members that haven't really commented on anything except to promote their books found this forum?

ASparrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I ask where our new members that haven't really commented on anything except to promote their books found this forum?

Is there a problem, officer? Would you prefer another arrangement?

I love the look and feel of this site but I'm mostly here lurking as an ipad owner wannabe. I usually read more than comment on most forums, but as a writer with a book available on ipad, this seemed like an appropriate place to post.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is there a problem, officer? Would you prefer another arrangement?

I love the look and feel of this site but I'm mostly here lurking as an ipad owner wannabe. I usually read more than comment on most forums, but as a writer with a book available on ipad, this seemed like an appropriate place to post.

Not at all, just wondering where everyone came from. I think its totally cool that authors are promoting on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts