What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

setting wallpaper in ios7?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gazzaho,
Apple is not perfect....but Android is definitely not better. It's a vast wasteland in terms of good tablet apps, too. Google releases good devices (designed not to make a profit but merely to undermine Apple) and updates to Android, but it is not fostering a strong app environment for its tablets. I'd rather deal with Apple's crap that to live with Google's indifference. I've owned 4 different Android tablets...I'm not buying another.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wish Apple spent time on allowing things like live weather or scores on the desktop than gimmicky things that take away functionality. I'm a little worried, but anxious too, about the switch over to iOS7.

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did iOS 7.0.3 not fix the wallpaper & lock screen scaling issue? Apple needs to fix a few more items in their new iOS before I upgrade from 6.1.3.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did iOS 7.0.3 not fix the wallpaper & lock screen scaling issue? Apple needs to fix a few more items in their new iOS before I upgrade from 6.1.3.

The wallpaper scaling isn't an issue from what I can tell, as far as Apple are concerned, it isn't likely to be fixed. 7.0.3 didn't do anything to fix wallpaper scaling, it's still the same, the switch to parallax is what the problem is, and as I said before, it's the Apple way or no way.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right. It's "My way or the highway" and the highway doesn't look so bad now. Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

As always, it depends which which glasses you're looking through, right? When you're that close to something you only need the near sighted ones.

No offence intended, just stating a point.

MayR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So sad I can't use my own pictures for wall paper anymore. They're so pretty on the new screen when I look at them in gallery, but automatically zooms into center area when I set as wallpaper. Makes it all pixilated. Any photo I pick does this, and pinching to scale won't change it. Frustrating

Bigisland86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem and it is frustrating as all heck that Apple does this with their updates-'Apple way or the highway' is such a terrible approach for their customers!

I save many photos from many different sources that I change frequently and now can't use any of them! Unless I want a pixelated close up of my image......setting my wallpaper/lock screen used to be easy and cool and now it sucks!!

Most reactions

Latest posts