What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallpaper without syncing

bccsrc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to use Sugarsync to download wallpaper to my iPad and apply them as wallpaper? I can get the photos to my iPad but I can't set it as wallpaper? Surely I dont have to sync do I? :(

Sorry if this has been asked already.. This is my first post...

Thanks,
Brandon

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

You can take any picture in your photo album and make it your wallpaper --

ipad71.jpg

OP
B

bccsrc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

You can take any picture in your photo album and make it your wallpaper

The photo doesn't show up in the photo album. I open sugarsync and can see the photo but have no option to set it as wallpaper. I can open with Quick Look and that's it.

mtbike1999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if SugarSync can integrate into the native photo gallery... Here's a quick work around:

- When you view the photo in SugarSync, click the Send button and email it to yourself.
- Then, check email on your iPad and click the link. This opens a web page to download the file.
- Click the link on that page and the photo will open.
- Then, tap and hold the photo and you should see an option "Save Image".

That should save it to the normal Camera Roll in the photos section of your iPad. At that point, you can use it as wallpaper, etc.

OP
B

bccsrc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if SugarSync can integrate into the native photo gallery... Here's a quick work around:

- When you view the photo in SugarSync, click the Send button and email it to yourself.
- Then, check email on your iPad and click the link. This opens a web page to download the file.
- Click the link on that page and the photo will open.
- Then, tap and hold the photo and you should see an option "Save Image".

That should save it to the normal Camera Roll in the photos section of your iPad. At that point, you can use it as wallpaper, etc.

That would work, but I'm looking for a much easier way. Like browsing on my desktop and downloading the wallpaper to my Sugarsync folder to be set as wallpaper later on. Emailing it is a pain.... I basically want to be able to say oh, I like this one and this one, and just save them.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you see an image on a website that you want to use as wallpaper, press on the image and a box will pop up with several options with one of them being Save Image. This will put that image in your Saved Images album in the Photos app and from there you can use the option to Use as Wallpaper as posted above.

Most reactions

Latest posts