What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting time

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
my iPad has not changed to Az time coming from BC Canada. Is set to auto ,how can I change it to current time manually? :(

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
my iPad has not changed to Az time coming from BC Canada. Is set to auto ,how can I change it to current time manually? :(

Hi Doris..... - well, the location services should have made the change if set to automatic - hmmm? Have you restarted or reset the iPad to see if that makes a difference?

But to change manually, go into Settings -> General -> Date & Time; turn off 'Set Automatically'; the date and time should appear - touch either one and spinning wheels can then be adjusted - see if that works for you and please post back if still a problem. Dave :)

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Doris..... - well, the location services should have made the change if set to automatic - hmmm? Have you restarted or reset the iPad to see if that makes a difference?

But to change manually, go into Settings -> General -> Date & Time; turn off 'Set Automatically'; the date and time should appear - touch either one and spinning wheels can then be adjusted - see if that works for you and please post back if still a problem. Dave :)
Thanks Giradman: it worked,but on the time zone it still says Vancouver and I can't seem to change that,.the Location service has never worked have tried different approaches, but it will not bring up the time zone required to set it. When I put the auto set back on it goes right back to BC time, so will leave it off till we go back next April .at least the time on the iPad is right now-if it holds!
Many thanks.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
  • I've deleted the other post on this same topic when you thought your first post didn't work.

When I've had location services turned on in my iPad, the time changes automatically. When I visited England this past August I didn't have to manually change the time at all. If your time and date is set to change automatically it should change as your location changes as long as location services are turned on.

Do you have a WiFi only or WiFi + cellular ipad? With a cellular iPad location services can determine the iPad's location using GPS if no WiFi is available. A WiFi only iPad should be able to find your location by triangulating from known hotspots.

You could also have using location services to determine the correct date and time, tuned off. To check, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Location Services>System Services>Setting Time Zone and make sure the switch is turned on. If this solves your problem, let us know.

Last edited:
OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've deleted the other post on this same topic when you thought your first post didn't work.

When I've had location services turned on in my iPad, the time changes automatically. When I visited England this past August I didn't have to manually change the time at all. If your time and date is set to change automatically it should change as your location changes as long as location services are turned on.

Do you have a WiFi only or WiFi + cellular ipad? With a cellular iPad location services can determine the iPad's location using GPS if no WiFi is available. A WiFi only iPad should be able to find your location by triangulating from known hotspots.

Thanks Scifan57
Have only WiFi,not cellular. Often sites I visit want my location,but so far my iPad has been unable to establish the location service. Can one do it manually?
I greatly appreciate your help and really think this Forum makes using an iPad an enjoyable effort .

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Disable "Set Automatically". Then tap Time Zone below. You'll be able to enter the right city and select your time zone.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Scifan57
Have only WiFi,not cellular. Often sites I visit want my location,but so far my iPad has been unable to establish the location service. Can one do it manually?
I greatly appreciate your help and really think this Forum makes using an iPad an enjoyable effort .
I've added more to my post about location services.

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
  • I've deleted the other post on this same topic when you thought your first post didn't work.

You could also have using location services to determine the correct date and time tuned off. To check, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Location Services>System Services>Setting Time Zone and make sure the switch is turned on. If this solves your problem, let us know.
I just found the last part of your post re locations. Hurrah! It worked perfectly,just as you said . Amazing how simple and logical some things are when someone shows you how.
Again many THANKS for so much help.
Maybe you could write a wee book with all these tips and solutions.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just found the last part of your post re locations. Hurrah! It worked perfectly,just as you said . Amazing how simple and logical some things are when someone shows you how.
Again many THANKS for so much help.
Maybe you could write a wee book with all these tips and solutions.
You're very much welcome! Thanks for letting us know that the offered solution worked, it may help the next person who comes her looking for an answer to the same problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts