What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send midi file to iPad

mikeconnectuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered . I'm new to iPad medic apps .
I follows advice in a 2012 thread to put a midi file into GarageBand for iPad via iTunes . I did it ok and it shows in the GarageBand window on iTunes but GarageBand doesn't seem to like them . They're greyed out so u can't drag them to a track .
So how do I import a midi file yo iPad . Which sequencer /daw will accept a midi file for editing and remixing . And how will I import it
Many thanks from a new boy to you experts

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GarageBand on the iPad is a terrible DAW.
Not only the problems you have listed but no direct way to render a completed project, save the file, and import that into another program.
Have you tried emailing the midi file to yourself as an attachment?

As for DAW there are a lot out there for iOS.
MutliTrack DAW
Auria
N-Track Studio
Cubasis
XL Recording Studio
Meteor

Which one to use comes down to personal preference and how much you want to spend.

Duff

OP
M

mikeconnectuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not only the problems you have listed but no direct way to render a completed project, save the file, and import that into another program.

MutliTrack DAW
Auria
N-Track Studio
Cubasis
XL Recording Studio
Meteor

Which one to use comes down to personal preference and how much you want to spend.

Duff

MutliTrack DAW
Auria
N-Track Studio
Cubasis
XL Recording Studio
Meteor

Duff
Thanks for you info I will look at these today . Do any of these work with both a virtual synth and a sound module ?

Duffman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do not know if any of these DAWs will work with and external sound module. I do know all of them work with virtual instruments, VSTi and synths.
I use a Fishman Triple as a midi input device. You just need to connect the wireless receiver to your "PAD" via a camera kit.
I have also tried an M-Audio Keystation 49. This is a USB bus powered keyboard. The iPad wont output enough juice to run it, so, it needs to be connected through a powered USB hub, to the camera kit.

Duff

Most reactions

Latest posts