What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Send a movie from an android phone to an IPad 2?

XenapZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a movie on My samsung galaxy s 2 that i want to watch on My iPad, what would be the easiest way to do that?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try the camera connection kit? Or move the file to your pc then sync it to the iPad there's lots of apps that let you play various formats it's just down to personal choice. Or you could use the Dropbox service but I'm not sure if that works for android. Hope you find a solution that suits you.

OP
X

XenapZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes well I dont have a Camera connection kit or a computer, I sold my laptop when i got my iPad since I thought I wouldnt need it anymore.
Is there really no way to do this wireless? Seem incredible stupid.

Why is the Bluetooth-function so stupid in ios? Every phone or computer I've ever had could send and recieve files of bluetooth, thats half the point isint it?

Uploading it to Dropbox will ruin my dataplan, cant I just hotspot my phone and send it that way or something?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You would have to buy an app both for Android and iOS that would allow a direct bluetooth connection. They do exist but you should be very cautious and read all the reviews and compatibility issues.

Also there is NO GUARANTEE that you can get the video to actually play on the iPad because of two conditions.
1) File format.
2) File access because it is stored in an area the video player can't get to.

Dropbox on the other hand is the best free solution, but again, I can't be sure that the file will play in the dropbox video player.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Find someone with a computer. That will be the easiest method of transfer.

The iPad was never meant to replace a computer. I don't know how you got the impression that it does that.

Most reactions