What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling ipad

ipoding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm contemplating selling my ipad before ipad 2 release. Anyone else?

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I love my iPad ,and it does everything that I want it to do, I will not be upgrading to the newer model because it is smaller, i like the size and feel of the iPad, the only time I would upgrade is if it were the same size and the memory upgraded to 50 gb:)

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to buy the iPad2, yes, I would say the time to sell is RIGHT NOW. Because if they announce the full specs at CES this week, no doubt more people will hold out for the iPad2 and demand for the original will go down significantly.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I am hearing, Apple "will be conspicuously absent" at this years CES. I will let you all know in a few days. CES is January 6-9 and I will be there.

And Superbike is 100% correct in the value. We watched this happen with the iPhones and iTouch among various other devices.

Last edited:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. Just got mine a month or so ago, and quite happy with it. And got it knowing the next one will be out in a few months. For those who want to get iPad 2, there will be a market to sell the first. Plenty of people will be fine buying a used first generation one that is only a year or less old. You'll likely get a better price selling now, but then if you want to be without yours for a few months, that's the tradeoff.
And I did read a blurb today that Apple won't be at CES.
Well, we all know Apple does its own announcements anyway.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you sell it now without even knowing what features the new one will have or when it will come out?

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I totally agree with 1991-C4. What if iPad II is worse for you than iPad I?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree with 1991-C4. What if iPad II is worse for you than iPad I?

Please explain how it could get worse? The thing doesn't have any "features" to begin with. It would be difficult for them to take away from nothing.

The apps and iOS are what make the iPad what it is, the device itself doesn't really have anything special going for it. It can only get better.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My point was not that the iPadII could be worse, but at best, it is an unknown. Anything that anyone tells you about the next generation iPad is either guessing or is just wishful thinking.

If you are going to wait around for the latest and greatest of anything, you will be waiting forever!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah-I don't know that I think anyone ought to sell theirs NOW when the true specs and prices for iPad 2 aren't out yet. It's more like, really, once the 2 is close to release date, lots of people won't mind getting a used 1st generation. But if they sell now, they'll get prices based on 1st Gen being the ONLY one out. But then they'll sit there without an iPad for several months. Basically, think of the people who got one new as a holiday gift and are debating returning it or using it and selling. I can't speak for anyone, but myself and I am ENJOYING mine now. There are endless debates about sell or keep. I say ENJOY!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, realistically the difference between selling right now, and selling even after the iPad 2 has already released, will be maybe $50. If you are hard up for $50, then I would suggest selling now, but if you can afford to take that small hit, go ahead and keep the iPad you have for now and sell it after you get an iPad 2 around April.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I love my iPad ,and it does everything that I want it to do, I will not be upgrading to the newer model because it is smaller, i like the size and feel of the iPad, the only time I would upgrade is if it were the same size and the memory upgraded to 50 gb:)

Jobs already said they won't be making a 7"....10" should be the smallest you will see.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please explain how it could get worse?
Well, if it were thinner that would be a backward step imo, as I'm already concerned about the iPad's fragility.

Other possible backward steps: substantial cost increase; decreased screen size; a new os that may cause me problems.

I know nothing about idevices except what I've learned about the iPad in the last three weeks. I'm just speculating pessimistically. It's my forte.

Ok, so no smaller screen size.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts