What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do before selling my iPad 1

geardoom3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

It's not quiet clear about what exactly we have to do before selling the iPad

What happens with the apps ? and my account ?
I know there's a reset all settings but I'm wondering about the apps on the iPad.

Ok let say I have them all on my PC and they are tied to my account (I presume), before I sell the iPad do I absolutely have to do a Reset all settings ? What does that do exactly ? What if the guy who buy the ipad wants the apps on it ? Does that mean I will not be able to have my apps on the iPad 2 ?

We need detail information about every single process of selling an iPad
Thank you very much !

Reaction score
geardoom3 said:
Hi,

I know there's a reset all settings but I'm wondering about the apps on the iPad.

Ok let say I have them all on my PC and they are tied to my account (I presume), before I sell the iPad do I absolutely have to do a Reset all settings ? What does that do exactly ? What if the guy who buy the ipad wants the apps on it ? Does that mean I will not be able to have my apps on the iPad 2 ?

Thank you very much !

If the buyer is outside your family-close friend circle, definitely reset the iPad. It will then be in the state it shipped to you. Meaning that all data, photo, apps, apple ID's, etc. are deleted and the iPad doesn't remember a dime of the data you ever put on it.

The guy who buys your iPad will have to buy his own apps, because your purchased apps are tied to your Apple ID.

So before you sell, back up the iPad with iTunes, erase all content and settings, sell iPad, connect new iPad and perform a restore to get all data, apps and settings back on your new iPad.

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you very much !

You want to do a "Restore" and then select the option " New iPad" this will erase everything. If the person wants apps, tell them no that is a violation of the license agreement I.e. Stealing. You don't need the hassles. People that are serious won't worry about the apps you have. Should be a good market now.

OP
G

geardoom3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for the information.

I have a lot of free stuff in the iPad which I don't want him to donwload them again.
How do I make sure that the reset will not remove them but just the purchased apps ?

Also there's a Lot of reset options and they are a bit enigmatic about what they do exactly.

Most reactions

Latest posts