What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selection in pages

Ecocrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you type some text in pages you can select that area of text and format as you want. However it seems you can only select a single word or the whole phrase, you do not seem able to select some consecutive words in a sentence, it appears to be a word or everything. I may be doing something really stupid but I would appreciate someone telling me that and what I should be doing.Many thanks for any help.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
When you type some text in pages you can select that area of text and format as you want. However it seems you can only select a single word or the whole phrase, you do not seem able to select some consecutive words in a sentence, it appears to be a word or everything. I may be doing something really stupid but I would appreciate someone telling me that and what I should be doing.Many thanks for any help.

when you double tap a word and it becomes selected, on each end of the selection there will be a line with a blue dot. You can drag these blue dots to highlight exactly what you want in the document.

OP
E

Ecocrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Selection

Many thanks for the response. I had not spotted that and I think even so would not have seen the significance. I am so used to Microsoft word and a mouse that this takes a bit of getting used to. Not a criticism I hasten to add, just an observation as it really is very good. Also the concept of something working as soon as you switch it on is completely alien to me.
Many thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts