What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to tab through form fields (INCLUDING SELECT)??

alaarab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am developing an iPad friendly web form using jquery mobile. I would like the form to be easy to navigate through.

The form consists of several text input and <select> dropdown menus. When the user types in a field, if they push the 'next' button above the keyboard, the page brings the user to the next form field automatically, without having to touch the actual screen. However, if the next input is a SELECT dropdown, there is no 'next button,' and the user has to click the option in the menu, then navigate with his own finger to the next field. Is there a way to remove that process? Why is there no next key on the SELECT dropdown??? Even droid has one.. lol.

-Ala

OP
A

alaarab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i thought iphone/ipad was showing pride of its own ability to fill out forms fast... hello? anyone out there?

Most reactions

Latest posts