What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seems slow

Shanea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, not had my ipad2 very long but all of a sudden it seems to load pages very slowly. I have done a speedtest and get 2mbps, which is fast enough i think. My pc seems ok with it

Is there anything i can do or check

Thanks

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the same problem, I think it's my wifi connection now. But what you could try is press the home button twice and hover on an app until it jiggles. Then click the horizontal line at the top left of every app ur not using.

Your iPad should run at least a little faster, but Internet things is most likely due to your wifi connection IMO.

I'm still looking for a solution too, bit hope this helps you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my most recent speedtest running on wifi, usually get 10+ at home

Attachments

• image-2243628755.png
    image-2243628755.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 311

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I had some issues with my linksys N router a while back. I found by changing the settings in the router to b/g instead of N it significantly increased my speed.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Shanea - welcome to the forum - :)

If not already done, I would start w/ a simple step, i.e. turn your Ipad off and then on again - similar to rebooting a computer. Also, as already suggested you might want to 'power recycle' your modem and router (again a simple off-on) issue.

If these simple and quick maneuvers do not help (along w/ the others suggested), then please post back - good luck!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I don't understand speed test . Net

You have the option to change test servers (ie, whichever is closest to you). This gives inconclusive results. Surely you need to speed test your device against your ISP servers?

Most reactions