What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second-Gen iPad Coming Early 2011?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The next iPad won't see light for another 6 months even *IF* this report is true, the current gen will have been available for at least a year in the various markets before the next gen becomes available in them.

I'm due a new phone the middle of next year, but depending on tone of the first Apple keynote of 2011 i'll judge my iPhone4 (or more likely iPhone4.5) purchase on that.

Educated consumerism ;)

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No way - If the public really thought a new iPad was going to be released in early 2011 - it would kill holiday purchases unless they discounted the current iPad - and we all know they've learned their lesson on that song.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No way - If the public really thought a new iPad was going to be released in early 2011 - it would kill holiday purchases unless they discounted the current iPad - and we all know they've learned their lesson on that song.

This is the best post I have seen in here. Seriously. And it actually makes sense! How, though, "have they learned their lesson on that one", David?

Enlighten me ~

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good points people. Next generation has to have dual cams or 1 that can swivel from front to back, better or updated processor, minimum 512 memory or even better go 1 or 2 gig(now we talkin..lmao), and to stop making ipad so reliant on desktop itunes. I hate loading that up. Backups n restores take soooo long..gosh..i wanna use my ipad. Or at least find faster way of doing it. Mod. Is right though, these are rumours. The other person is probaly right also, that itll be at least 6 months b4 another release. There would be outrage unless they released early n let people trade in original model for it. Im all for that as long as its free or for small charge. Still doesnt make to much since though. They could loose out on money for the ipads already built or in stock at warehouses if new one pops on the scene. Maybe they rushed the release of the original version. Couod have easily waited or just released a 512 ram, dual cam ipad with multitasking the first time around.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera??? Are they serious? Who needs a camera in an iPad? Apart from the fact you'd have to take it out of it's case to use it (or cut a hole in the case, lol) it would be about the clumsiest clunker of a camera on the market. And show me one iPad owner who doesn't also carry a cell-phone that has a... yes, a camera in it.

Camera? Meh.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think the camera was omitted because face time wasn't ready for release back at the start of the year. A camera on the back of the iPad makes little sense.

Often thought a detachable webcam that used the sync socket would make a neat scanner for Evernote though.

ludicous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is how it works

Guys, this isn't a big shocker. Apple, along with most technology companies, updates its product lines. With Apple, its about once a year (though varies based on which product). The first generation came out last Feb. so it makes sense that the 2nd gen will come out in feb of 2011.

This is how buying technology works. Its not nickle and diming, its not evil, you just have to accept that at some point your electronics will become out of date. Otherwise, iPods would still have black and white screens.
:ipad-peacock:

If you want to know when the next version of an apple product will come out, go to macrumors.com and click on the buyers guide tab at the top.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 1st gn came ou in April...

Expect the iPad to come out at the end of Q1

EKhatch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera??? Are they serious? Who needs a camera in an iPad? Apart from the fact you'd have to take it out of it's case to use it (or cut a hole in the case, lol) it would be about the clumsiest clunker of a camera on the market. And show me one iPad owner who doesn't also carry a cell-phone that has a... yes, a camera in it.

Camera? Meh.

You are joking right? You seriously think that the next gen iPad isn't going to have a whole list of next gen cases (i.e. if it has a camera the new case will have a hole in it). That's like saying, oh who wants a smaller iPad, the case is going to be too big.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A camera is a 'have to have'- Apple is making up for the fact that they left a camera off the first iPad launch. Other than that - it's not a game changer one way or another.

computerbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My views are technology is always changing, faster exponentially. Anyone who doesn't understand this has their head in the sand. When I buy something, I go into to it knowing that SOON there will be something better!! I personally do hope they get the new one out sooner, because mine was stolen. If I don't get real indication that it is coming out in March at the latest, I will buy the first gen. I LOVED my Ipad. The stuff on the new one will not be a real deal breaker for me.

And IF they do put out the 2nd gen in a couple months, I know if they reduce the price, even marginally, on the 1st gen, they will still sell. I was the first one in my area to get one. Folks are just now starting to look at getting one. I can't read a book in mine because people love to ask me about it. LOTS of people. These are not tech people. Even with these current choices, these people are saying they do not think they need 3G, (which I personally would not go without). These folks are not 'techies', they do not care about the biggest, baddest Ipad in town. I think they would be delighted if the price was reduced some on the 1st gens so they would go get one and introduce themselves to the Ipad.

Just my observations.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone who bought a Mac in 1984 saying:"This is the best thing I'll ever need and will never buy any other computer!" would be stuck in a rut today or a spacial/temporal displacement.

Changing computers or entertainment devices is an entertainment in itself...

thesoundsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.thesoundsmith.com
I just can't see where they would want to upset (and that's putting it politely!) all those millions of iPad owners who had just bought a 1st generation iPad.
Stevie has a LONG history of pissing off his existing user base, starting with the Apple III. He regularly eliminates hardware components from new designs with no real purpose other than, apparently, to force us to buy more hardware to replace the peripherals we already own. I have spend many thousands of dollars over the years on updating perfectly good gear - mice, graphics tablets, printers, etc. and don't see it stopping any time soon.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you guys are really wanting them to hold back on upgrading simply because some people will get butthurt about not having the best product on the market anymore?

LOL

Most reactions