What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searching for virtual drums

Thombo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was searching for a virtual drum app that:
Has a customizable stereo kit
Has a large instrument library with high quality samples
Has independent modifiable parameters like volume, pan and pitch
Has a midi out, as I want to trigger the samples with my Roland e-kit

Does anyone have any suggestionsÂż
I discovered Drums XD, which seems to have everything I want, but it seems it hasn’t received an update in 3 years and reviews are claiming that the midi out is unresponsive and there is no tech-support for the app. There were two downloadable version is in the App Store, so I was hoping one of them was an updated version, but it had no update information available and I decided not to risk it because getting a refund on a bogus app is pretty much impossible, as I’m sure many of you are aware. Does anyone know of a similar app that I could use?

Thanks in advance

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’m probably suggesting the obvious, but have you looked at Garage Band? While not a dedicated Drum app, it does have a basic set of drum tools (so I’m told); and includes MIDI support.

At least you know it’s supported.

Not being a drummer (or a musician) that’s about the limit of what I can suggest.

Most reactions

Latest posts