What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrolling through saved photos crashes iPad

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless I do it VERY slowly, my iPad crashes when I scroll through my Saved Photos. Is there a solution to this? I really do not want to restore. Is there a limit to how many photos you can have in that folder? I would love it if we could create separate folders. Are there any apps for that, please? I have read about iPhoto, but is that on a Mac? I am on a PC?

PS...found photo sort. That will help with the sorting but still concerned about the crash when scrolling saved photos

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Try making a change to your photo's on your computer (add/remove) and then resync. Sometimes a transferred file can get corrupted just changing one photo will fix it. For some reason iTunes also doesn't re-sync the files unless it see's a change like a new photo or one that has been removed.

Same goes with music that freezes the iphone/ipod/iPad.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good advice.
Change slightly the content and resync usually sorts out this type of problem.

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But it is not my photo album that crashes the iPad...it is saved photos....do they sync? And if so, where are they stored?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wish I knew.
I have a number of saved photos which I want to delete and as far as I can see there is no obvious way of doing it. This is something apple needs to address.

A couple of solutions spring to mind. Are there any jailbreaking apps that can do this? You would need to ask in the jailbreaking forum.
A full reinstall of the OS should rewrite the drive.
Both of the above will involve time and effort.
Ofc the easiest option is to take it into an apple store and tell one of their geniuses
to fix it...........

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a number of saved photos which I want to delete and as far as I can see there is no obvious way of doing it.
??? There is on mine! The Saved Photos album is where screen shots are stored and they will not sync back to iTunes. If you want to export them, you have to email them to someone (like yourself!). Yeah, I agree that is a real PITA! To delete them, go to your Saved Photos album, select the photo you want by tapping on it (duh!), and you will see a little trash can in the upper right hand corner. Once you tap it, you will see a red box confirming that you want to delete the photo.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aha intuitive computing. Thanks for that.
Had already emailed them so superfluous to reqs..
< crawls back under mushroom >

Theene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I can not scroll through my photos either. To even show people photos I have gotten apps that put them books, and I can go through them that way. I did not have problem at first, but then started getting it one day. I don not have my photos synced to a Mac. My photos came from websites, emails, screen shots, and mostly ones I created on dozens of different apps I downloaded for my iPad. I took my iPad into the apple store at the mall, but they couldn't help me. If you get an answer I would love to hear it too.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a number of saved photos which I want to delete and as far as I can see there is no obvious way of doing it.
??? There is on mine! The Saved Photos album is where screen shots are stored and they will not sync back to iTunes. If you want to export them, you have to email them to someone (like yourself!). Yeah, I agree that is a real PITA! To delete them, go to your Saved Photos album, select the photo you want by tapping on it (duh!), and you will see a little trash can in the upper right hand corner. Once you tap it, you will see a red box confirming that you want to delete the photo.

You are so smart. I saved this.
:)

OP
michali

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have ended up sorting my Saved Photos into folders in Photo Sort and then deleted most of them from Saved Photos. Had to delete one by one, which caused a couple of crashes but got there in the end. Hopefuly an update soon will sort this problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts