What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ScribeOn - need opinions on this one

erica_joice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I don't know where to post this but I would like to inquire something. Has anyone heard of Moderator Edit: external links not allowed. Please read the rules I have hearing impairment on both ears so I would like to know your opinion about this audio to text conversion service to convert an audiobook to text that I need to read. I don't want to try other transcription services that are free because there's a risk of inaccuracy. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only the exceedingly obvious of wether you've looked for a text version of the book. It is pretty rare for there to be an audiobook without an original paper version, or even an ebook. At $1.50 a minute even a novelette is going to be $50 to $100. I'm thinking the cost of the book and slight inconvinience of packing it around will be the lesser evil.

And there might be copyright issues that will prevent them from making a trascription of a book that you don't own the rights to.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts