What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Shots

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to use my iPad Pro 10.5” and iPad Mini as much as I can without using the home button. As at some point no iPads will have one. One thing that annoys me though is that I take a lot of screen shots and it’s easy with the Home/Power button combo. Using the Power/Volume buttons on non home button iPads is going to be a PITA for me as I use landscape mode 99% of the time. Will Apple ever come up with a better alternative?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you’re using an iPad with an Apple Pencil, you can take screenshots by swiping the pencil from one of the bottom corners of your iPad.

OP
Willster

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve got an Apple Pencil 1 will that work? Do you swipe straight up from the corner or diagonally?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Diagonally. If it works with your iPad, you can take screenshots that way.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you’re using an iPad with an Apple Pencil, you can take screenshots by swiping the pencil from one of the bottom corners of your iPad.

Only works on the left bottom corner with iPadOS 15. The diagonal swipe from the bottom right now brings up a quick note. You don’t need an Apple Pencil for that one.

Another way to take a screen shot is to use Siri. Just tell Siri to “Take a screenshot”. You can use Hey Siri if you have that turned on, or hold down the power button.

iPadOS 15 has also added a screenshot action to the Shortcuts app, and shortcuts can be set up to activate through Siri voice commands. This gives you the abilty to do some basic image processing and/or save the photo somewhere other than the default Photos folders. There are probably more creative and ingenious ways to use it, but that’s all I came up with on short notice.

Last edited:

Most reactions