What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Resolution Impact

Reaction score
Why does everyone care about the screen resolution (retina display) for the iPad 3? Is there anything that it does besides raising the dpi on the screen?

Thanks!

OP
A
Reaction score
anyone? XD
i mean the main thing about better resolution is that the image will be more crisp, right? you can't fit more things on the screen...

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is mainly the crispness. I hate seeing pixels, and now that I have seen the iPhone 4 retina display...want, want, WANT!

While I don't have an iPhone 4 (waiting on 5) the resolution is really amazing, it is impossible to see a pixel on the screen. It looks like you're reading a well-lit magazine.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think most of the people complaining are those who use do reading both on an iphone 4 and an ipad. You can read very small text on an iphone 4 without zooming. On an ipad you have to zoom alot more because the small text is fuzzy.

But for movies, it's no big deal.

OP
A
Reaction score
Oh! So if iBooks was the MAIN reason of me getting an iPad, I should probably wait for the Retina Display because there's a lot of reading in it...

k. Thanks :D

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks works just fine, you can definitely see pixels but it's not that horrible!I do love the Retina Display, I always love when I play with my friend's iPod Touch 4th gen!

Most reactions

Latest posts