What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector

farmboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not an easy task sometimes to install a screen protector. Those YouTube videos help, but it doesn't work out the same way I wanted to. I kind of rub it out using the squeegee provided in the package.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
farmboy said:
It's not an easy task sometimes to install a screen protector. Those YouTube videos help, but it doesn't work out the same way I wanted to. I kind of rub it out using the squeegee provided in the package.

I already succeded in installing one. I installed it in a with steam filled bathroom, worked great.
Only problem still is that this cheap one does not prevent smudges or fingerprints to appear.
Does anyone know a good screenprotector that stays clean?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

bishtmoris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello...I have ipad and the screen of the device get scratches and it looks bad, so i am here looking for screen protector.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only problem still is that this cheap one does not prevent smudges or fingerprints to appear. Does anyone know a good screenprotector that stays clean?

It depends on the type of screen protector you're using. I have installed and used both glossy and matte screen protectors on iPad -- and the glossy ones tend to retain fingerprints and oily smudges a lot more than a matte surface. (In fact, I can't find fingerprints and smudges on it at all.)

Also, the screen protector I have is a rigid sheet and does *not* use an adhesive or bonding agent, so it was quite easy to install - I could peel it off and retry as many times as I needed to seat it right over the screen. (It wasn't one of those "once it's on, it's stuck on for good" sheets.)

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
It depends on the type of screen protector you're using. I have installed and used both glossy and matte screen protectors on iPad -- and the glossy ones tend to retain fingerprints and oily smudges a lot more than a matte surface. (In fact, I can't find fingerprints and smudges on it at all.)

Also, the screen protector I have is a rigid sheet and does *not* use an adhesive or bonding agent, so it was quite easy to install - I could peel it off and retry as many times as I needed to seat it right over the screen. (It wasn't one of those "once it's on, it's stuck on for good" sheets.)

So I should buy a rigid matte one. Do you know where I could order such a screenprotector?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
So I should buy a rigid matte one. Do you know where I could order such a screenprotector?

The one is use now is a matte protector from Brando - at the time I also had a coupon code for it - and I love it. Prior to that, I was using the gloss protector which came along as part of the set with Switcheasy Nude hard case. But as I use my iPad outdoors (full or semi-sunlight) a great deal, I realized a matte protector would greatly reduce the glare, hence the change. It really is a matter of personal preference and needs.

koonas444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do i put a film screen protector on my mp3 player without making any air bubbles? the screen protector is like a clear sticker.

moosquared

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered powersupport screen protector for all my apple devices. I've tried several screen protector (zagg, case-mate, invisible shield, expert shield), but so far, powersupport gives me the best result. I placed one of my old iphone 3G and it still looks as perfect as the first time I put it on.

WMarkJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been real happy with Zagg. The peeps at Best Buy mobile here do quite a few of them and they do a great job. Zagg has lifetime warranty.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
moosquared said:
I ordered powersupport screen protector for all my apple devices. I've tried several screen protector (zagg, case-mate, invisible shield, expert shield), but so far, powersupport gives me the best result. I placed one of my old iphone 3G and it still looks as perfect as the first time I put it on.

Powersupport screenprotectors prevent smudges and fingerprints?

moosquared

iPF Noob
Reaction score
moosquared said:

Powersupport screenprotectors prevent smudges and fingerprints?

I've never tried the crystal clear version, but I can safely say that the anti-glare powersupport prevents smudges and fingerprints. Works really well for me :D

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
moosquared said:
I've never tried the crystal clear version, but I can safely say that the anti-glare powersupport prevents smudges and fingerprints. Works really well for me :D

Agreed - PowerSupport Anit-Glare are the best you will find (probably the most expensive too though!)... The anti-glare model is very good at reducing fingerprints and smudges.... They are also relatively easy to install.

No1Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Agreed - PowerSupport Anit-Glare are the best you will find (probably the most expensive too though!)... The anti-glare model is very good at reducing fingerprints and smudges.... They are also relatively easy to install.

Is it any good at anti-glare?

I was going to use the Incipio protector that comes with the feather because I've always been a fan of their stuff. But the glare on my iPhone is a nightmare, don't want that on the iPad really.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No1Joker said:
Is it any good at anti-glare?

I was going to use the Incipio protector that comes with the feather because I've always been a fan of their stuff. But the glare on my iPhone is a nightmare, don't want that on the iPad really.

Absolutely - it's great at getting rid of the glare. In fact, once you get used to the anti-glare, it's so hard using an iPad without one! Plus, they even allow your finger to slide across the iPad screen better than without a protector (the screen is less "grabby" with an anti-glare protector)....

Like I said before though, not all anti-glare protectors are good. Actually, I have some Incipio anti-glare protectors for my iPod Touch and it was horrible - it's caused to screen to look grainy.... Stay away from their anti-glare protectors!

I've had great luck with PowerSupport and a cheaper brand - iEssentials Anti-glare - you can even find them in 5Below for $5 (compared to $35 for the PowerSupport model). If money is no object - get the PowerSupport- otherwise, the iEssentials brand!

No1Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Absolutely - it's great at getting rid of the glare. In fact, once you get used to the anti-glare, it's so hard using an iPad without one! Plus, they even allow your finger to slide across the iPad screen better than without a protector (the screen is less "grabby" with an anti-glare protector)....

Like I said before though, not all anti-glare protectors are good. Actually, I have some Incipio anti-glare protectors for my iPod Touch and it was horrible - it's caused to screen to look grainy.... Stay away from their anti-glare protectors!

I've had great luck with PowerSupport and a cheaper brand - iEssentials Anti-glare - you can even find them in 5Below for $5 (compared to $35 for the PowerSupport model). If money is no object - get the PowerSupport- otherwise, the iEssentials brand!

Thanks, I think an order is imminent.

Most reactions

Latest posts