What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector preference?

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fifi1992 said:
My zagg is fine it has built in antiglare

Interesting.... I've heard a lot of really bad things about the Zagg Anit-glare (specifically, a rainbow-type effect on the screen which is very annoying).. Have you experienced that at all?

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Interesting.... I've heard a lot of really bad things about the Zagg Anit-glare (specifically, a rainbow-type effect on the screen which is very annoying).. Have you experienced that at all?

No. Not yet.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:

No not yet.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ejcethan said:
My preference is no screen protector. XD

How can you stand the glare and the fingerprints?? I went without an anti-glare protector for about two days and couldn't take it anymore! Between the glare and all of the damn fingerprints, I couldn't get any real work done!! :)

Seriously, if you've never tried an anti-glare protector on the iPad, you might want to give it a shot... I don't care about the protection part - I've very careful with my iPad, but the anti-glare'ness is just awesome and makes the iPad experience that much better, in my opinion!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Between the glare and all of the damn fingerprints, I couldn't get any real work done!! :)

The difference between a naked, glossy iPad screen and a matte filter is like the difference between an old-style glass cathode-ray tube monitor and an LCD flatscreen monitor: the former catches and reflects all kinds of ambient and overhead lighting (especially outdoors in semi- or full sunlight), whilst the latter is far more comfortable on the eyes.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
The difference between a naked, glossy iPad screen and a matte filter is like the difference between an old-style glass cathode-ray tube monitor and an LCD flatscreen monitor: the former catches and reflects all kinds of ambient and overhead lighting (especially outdoors in semi- or full sunlight), whilst the latter is far more comfortable on the eyes.

Well said!!

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GlenL said:
Didn't mention that glass feels so much better than the protector.

Actually, it does not (at least in my opinion).... My fingers slide on the screen so much better when using an anti-glare protector.... I've found that my fingers tend to "stick" to the naked-glass screen a lot more...

Seriously, if you've never tried an anit-glare protector, you should give it a shot, it really does improve the iPad experience, in my opinion.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no doubt that PowerSupport has the best anti-glare (believe me - I've tried ALOT of different brands as I'm VERY picky!)... At $35 each, they are not cheap, but they are THE best...

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GlenL said:
Didn't mention that glass feels so much better than the protector.

Nope, not for me. With a matte protector, I find the tactile experience less sticky, and fingerprint smudges are virtually eliminated.

Most reactions

Latest posts