What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Protector or Naked?

Grooveguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a bad experience applying a Screen Protector I'm debating whether to leaving it bald? It lives in a neoprene pouch. What are you guys doing?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grooveguru said:
After a bad experience applying a Screen Protector I'm debating whether to leaving it bald? It lives in a neoprene pouch. What are you guys doing?

Mine is naked at the moment.

I have tried Bodyguardz, but found it very grabby and had the same with a freebie that came with one of my cases.

People say it's hard to scratch the screen, but I am a bit paranoid about, but also screen protectors help cut down on fingerprint marks.

Still not made up my mind yet........

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iphone = protector, goes outside all the time, ipad2 i'm staying free of the protector. It's a risk but just try and keep it covered and don't lay it down without the cover over it.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Grooveguru said:

my iPad 1 lives in the apple neoprene case, have had it from new, no scratches or anything, the iPad 2 lives in a leather case, also bought from new, again, no scratches or anything other than the usual suspect.... greasy finger prints :)

neither have screen protectors, too much hassle putting them on and getting it perfect

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have screen protection on my ipad, phone and touch, at the begening particularly 1st time i had bubbles issues but then i just learned to apply it without bubbles. From a safety pov i would not leave the screen naked, infact on my ipad the screen protector helps with the usage , as with the screen alone my fingers rubbed and dragged acrossed the screen

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad has always been in apple cover from day one and no scratches so far so yes, naked is good. I'm always aware of it. I always close the cover and put it down somewhere safe, it's from living with cats and kids I'm afraid.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Hayles66 said:
iPad has always been in apple cover from day one and no scratches so far so yes, naked is good. I'm always aware of it. I always close the cover and put it down somewhere safe, it's from living with cats and kids I'm afraid.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

good practice tbh, whenever I am done with mine, I close the cover

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here, i have had the cover from day one and alwqys close is when i dont use it

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have three iPads, three iTouch's and a single iPhone 4. All have screen protectors. Yes I had a few trial and error moments with the protectors but once you get it, it's quite easy. My daughter now has our older16gb iPad. It was my first iPad and it went about 10 days before I fully realized the need for protection.

Sure, if very careful and very lucky, maybe no scratches. I am anal as H and within the first two weeks I had two very fine scratches on the iPad. Must of picked up just the right dust particle under my finger etc yet that was all it took. I placed a relatively cheap protector on it a year ago and forgot about it. My 11yo daughter obviously doesn't worry about it and I clean it regularly for her and the screen protector hasn't even a scratch on it yet... :)

When I brought home the wife and I's new 32/3G's, I booted them up with the factory wrapper on then went straight to the protector instal.

I'll admit the screen protectors can be a pain and a possible expensive trial and error process. I just purchased the crystal clears at Office Dep for approx $15 and they're bubble free, dust free and scratch free.

JMHO folks.

Time to take "mom" out to dinner. :)

Cheers

Gramps40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a zagg hard cover and I love it. I also always close it when not in use. No marks I have have bad luck with the screen protectors so no use the had cover.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPhone 4 for nearly a year with no screen protector.
It lives in and out of my pocket with nothing but a bumper.
Not a scratch anywhere.

Same goes for my iPad and now my iPad2.
Not a scratch to date.
Nothing beats going naked, the way it was designed to be used.

Cynwit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have protector on my IPhone which is fine however going bare on the IPad is the only way to go....fabulous!

BuayaGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't buy a screen protector for possible scratches, because with most normal use,you aren't likely to get them.

I bought my Steinheil (SGP) Ultra Optics for the antiglare and to keep fingerprints away :)

Glare is the bane of most Apple products - I know more people seem to prefer glossy, but I wish they'd at least offer the option to pay $35-40 extra to get a matte iPad screen. I'd grab it in a second, and I'd be willing to bet a LOT of people would like that too.

Preacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been a fingerprint hater since my first iPhone, so all of my Apple toys have screen protectors on them.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know more people seem to prefer glossy, but I wish they'd at least offer the option to pay $35-40 extra to get a matte iPad screen. I'd grab it in a second, and I'd be willing to bet a LOT of people would like that too.

That's what matte screen filters are for, and they'd cost a lot less than $35-40.

Most reactions