What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Protection

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting iPad shipped in July, got an Incase Neoprene case. Should I get an invisible shield screen protector? I couldnt decide because I didnt know if it would make the screen tackier or less responsive.

OP
I

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be wise to have one even though I have a Zip-Up case?

Last edited:

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's up to you to decide. However, you will be using the iPad while it's outside the zip up case, correct? If so, then te screen protector will still be of use.

I myself have the iPad glass protected by InvisibleShield...the iPad itself in a skin case, and then if I put it in a backpack, I also have a sleeve to put it in. Overprotective? Perhaps. But it's personal piece of mind knowing I'm taking good care of my investment.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the WaterField sleeve for taking the iPad out but nothing else on it. Don't see the purpose of the screen protector or the skin.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yes defiantly get one. I got a full body cover.

I would go to your local mall though, the are all starting to get the stands either for Zagg invisaSheild or ghost armor scratch proof protaction. Let them apply it for you to save yourself some frustration with putting it on and working out all the bubles. They do it all day and can do it pretty well and quick.

Watch out though if they ask you to leave the iPad and come back in 30 minutes after it drys. They told me to do that and said that they would lock it up in their secure lock box. I came back and the guy just walked over and pulled my iPad out of the unlocked lockbox and said he needed to apply the sides real quick and it would be done. As I watched him apply the sides another customer walked up and started talking with him. He walked away with the customer and left my iPad on the table. I then watched in fear as people walking by in the mall started picking up my iPad and playing with it. I had to run over and grab it back from them.

pik0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TheDailyMapper.com
Our 21 month old son has already sunk his teeth in to one iPad. Chew as he might, while he disturbed the surface of the Invisishield, he didn't get all the way through to the glass layer.

We had tried the Griffin protector film, but found that the matt finish slightly blurs the screen. The Zagg film is crystal clear!

Piko

OP
I

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your input

Last edited:

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gads, I'm on 3 days after a rather poor IS install, but the tackiness hasn't gone away.

I'll be getting it redone in about... oh, 7 hours - and hopefully a well done install won't have the same issues, but I miss, so much, the screen without a protector.

That said, the trade off of not getting another scratched screen is by and large worth it. We seem to live on the beach with all the damn sand we get in here, and that'll scratch the screen in the blink of an eye.

Also, after trying to take in/out the iPad from the Apple case with the shield on, I can tell you that if you're planning on keeping it in a case (like the apple folio) where you don't plan on removing it, skip the back sleeve.

I can't imagine someone not having, at the least, a silicone sleeve around it...

OP
I

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I'll put on the Invisible Shield(Front Only) and use the Incase Neoprene Sleeve

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, install 2 is much better than the first, but there is a small, not small enough unfortunately right at reading level......

I am not sure if I can handle it, but this OCD-ness just kills me! I wonder how the hell I can get over this! :mad:

And I still feel the screen is MUCH tackier than without.

Maybe after a week we'll be in better shape, and maybe I can get used to this damn piece of whatever...

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If install #2 just happened today, you need to give it a couple days for the bubbles to disappear. I assume you meant "bubble" since you missed a word in there: "... but there is a small, not small enough unfortunately right at reading level......"

Most reactions

Latest posts