What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratches on ipad

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Different strokes!!!!!!!

I agree, to each his/her own. The back of the iPad surprisingly scratches easily. And while I do appreciate the sleek beauty and design of the iPad, it's too darn slippery to hold when naked (the iPad, not me). That's why I prefer a case that's slim in profile, easy to hold, functional (for example propping up for portrait/landscape), provides decent protection, and yet shows enough of the aesthetic qualities of the device. I currently have a Targus case specifically designed for the 3 with a magnetic cover that fits the bill. And I plan on getting an Otterbox defender so I can take my iPad outdoors when training my clients during bootcamps.

FWIW, my buddy kept his iPad 1 in a case in excellent condition, and got over $200 trade-in value towards his iPad 3.

iBumpers.com

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Protect back of iPad from scratches

Protect back of iPad from scratches - with these bumpers that look like the ones on the back of a Mac Air and protect back of iPad. So when your iPad isn't in a case or sleeve and you set it down, no scratches. They work with the Smart Cover too. So simple! i

i-bumpers_compare_logo.jpg i-bumpers.com

OP
R

reallydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bumpers look like a great idea if someone doesn't want much on there

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Absolutely I care. I may need to sell it. Better resale if there are no scratches.

+1 here too. CIMO thin TPU cases are nice and inexpensive. iPad 2 cases are about $6 and they DO fit on the iPad 3, just a tighter fit. Their iPad 3 case is much the same, though designed to fit more properly and takes into account subtle changes like the new rear facing camera location, etc. Both work with the Smart Cover. They're not fancy, but they look good (come in several colors but I find the black and the clear ones to be the best), give protection wothout adding bulk, they make the iPad more comfortable to hold and give it just enough grip and not be grippy. I have the appropriate ones for my iPad 2, which I've kept, and for my new iPad 3, which cost $11.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
Well, some of that money was spent on the design. So I have to turn that question around to why spend so much money on something just to hide it away?

Now a scratch on the screen is quite annoying so I do have a smart cover for that.

I'll take this back now. I just picked up the Kensington clear back cover for iPad 2 that fits the iPad 3 beautifully. I works with a smart cover and I do like the way it feels for carrying around and holding. Not as slippery as the bare metal.

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCarbons.com

Attachments

• image-1918719753.jpg
    image-1918719753.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 246

Most reactions

Latest posts