What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratches Already

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mikeos said:
When your screen is turned on I bet you can't see them anyway.
So what's the point in worrying about it? An iPad is a device made of glass that you use with your hands. It's going to get small scratches every now and again.

I don't buy this. So far, none of my mobile devices have suffered a scratch on a screen. It's the casing that takes the abuse.

Last edited:

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have scatches not on the display itself but on the black boarder where you can get it either black or white btw my dog jumped on my lap with iPad in hands didn't see it coming

Lucky_Charms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Erwaso said:
I recommend Zagg screen protectors as I've used them on multiple blackberries and android phones. But for the iPad I feel they are way too much and now use a cheap amazon 3pack version of anti glare ones. Not ruining the quality of the screen at all and keeps fingerprint smudges at a minimum.

I'm pretty sure Gorilla glass is shatterproof, not scratch proof.

Gorilla glass is neither shatter nor scratch proof. It is however much more resistant to scratches and a bit stronger than regular glass.

OP
dustrho

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took my iPad back to Target and exchanged it for a 64 GB model, had no issues doing so. Also bought a different case, got the Targus Versavu. Seems to be much better than the Apple Smart Cover one.

Sent from my iPad 3 (white, 64 GB, WiFi only) using iPF

foxscout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who want to see and believe how strong is the gorilla glass.
You may like to google search under gorilla glass to view hundreds of threads which is the invention from Corning company..

foxscout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Gorilla glass is shatterproof, not scratch proof.

i watched the YouTube they even let ppl use sharp edges of key set to scratch and thumb and hammer it also won't do any scratches.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Come on, folks. Who really believes GG is scratch proof (I never believe stuff like that)? That is not the point, IMO. If I keep my iPad in a case a use reasonable care, the screen will not get scratched. That is my claim and personal experience bears this out, for me. If your experience says otherwise, then by all means get a screen protector. Do what you feel you need to do to protect your investment and be happy. You won't get any hassle from me.....unless you try to convince me that my screen is going to magically get scratched, then we might have one of these little debates. :)

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I beleive some day in the far future that there will be glass that wont scratch but of course thats in the future

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually GG is scratch proof to anything that is softer material than the glass. Which is a lot of things including most metallic objects.

That is a fact and it's proven out to me.

Most reactions

Latest posts