What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratch

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
beesknees said:
As expensive as these things are no scratch is too small. The smart covers scare me to death. I like to take mine off when I am going to be holding it for awhile but I know there is some friction when the magnet re-attaches. I just know over time it will leave a mark so I will be investing in something for the back soon myself.

I have a smart cover that I purchased at sam's club for $25. Its a one piece that the iPad slides into, so there is full back coverage also.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gresh14 said:
I have a smart cover that I purchased at sam's club for $25. Its a one piece that the iPad slides into, so there is full back coverage also.

I'd still probably want to take it on and off though to make the iPad lighter. I shouldn't have bought the leather. I am probably headed for a minimal back cover and a sleeve for around the house and use the SC for travelling.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As expensive as these things are no scratch is too small. The smart covers scare me to death. I like to take mine off when I am going to be holding it for awhile but I know there is some friction when the magnet re-attaches. I just know over time it will leave a mark so I will be investing in something for the back soon myself.

A smart cover never scratched my iPad. But you can put a skin on the back to minimize the chances.

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered one of the I carbons for the back. It's at least going to hide the scratch :) ps I found a really good page with discount codes that worked. Really handy considering I'm shipping to the uk. Cheers guys.

While I'm at it...can anyone recommend what is the best screen protection?

Kevin, I get your pain re scratch. Annoying. I had the new Otterbox Defender on same day as new iPad arrived so it was inserted from BNIB to the OBD case. I also had a 'phobia' about screen scratches / protection and for my original iPad I had screen protectors. To be honest you maybe have to put up with some imperections (bubbles, dust etc) with these damn things. Laterally I removed and went naked on screen which was better as I had a pristine screen and just wiped it down after use. However with new iPad OBD case there is an integral screen protector. For me this is wayyyy better than the peel and stick jobs and works well. Now when I do get dust etc on screen I can wipe it down but knowing its actually the OBD screen I'm clearing - the actual iPad screen is still pristine! I can watch play and browse with no worries re damage.

SquiderDragon

Most reactions

Latest posts