What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sbsettings ios 6.1.2

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have SB settings installed on my iPad running software version 6.1.2. The only problem is that I have to pull down the notification bar instead of swiping across my status bar. And when I try and enable if the small window to stay on the screen I can't turn pages or used my iPad unless I exit out of the small window. Any help on how to use? Or any recommendations instead of an settings? ( I'm trying to replace dock had because it isn't compatible.)

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have SB settings installed on my iPad running software version 6.1.2. The only problem is that I have to pull down the notification bar instead of swiping across my status bar. And when I try and enable if the small window to stay on the screen I can't turn pages or used my iPad unless I exit out of the small window. Any help on how to use? Or any recommendations instead of an settings? ( I'm trying to replace dock had because it isn't compatible.)

Check out NCSettings. I have installed and uninstalled SBSettings on my iPad probably 5 times, each time thinking "I'm going to like it this time", I mean, everyone says that its great right? Personally I think the app is garbage for an iPad; maybe it works better for iPhone users or maybe I just don't see how great it is. I actually installed it again this morning because i wanted to use the Insomnia toggle; I uninstalled SBS and insomnia toggle after no more than 5 minutes, I just don't see the "it's great" factor.

Sorry, I didn't actually help you with your problem but I had to take the opportunity to gripe. Try NCSettings if you're just looking for simple NC toggles.

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed NC settings and they are awesome because its so simple and clean. Although I couldn't get NC settings to work with Dashboard x?

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well saying something is better than something else is all personal preference my friend. Many people hate on my ipad mini but i prefer the small screen over a larger one. Same case here. Sbsettings is just a hassle for me. I like simple and clean. So I prefer nc setting over sb settings. But like I said it all comes down to personal preference.

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So are you saying nc settings is better than sb settings?

Yes! Of course that is only an opinion. I suggest you try NCSettings and let us know what you think.

I think this thread is officially highjacked ;-)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although you've moved on to NC Settings, there is a way to have SBSettings separate from the pull-down Notification Center (so you can swipe on the status bar to activate it). You activate the status bar swipe in the SBSettings app (or by pressing "More" in the SBSettings toggle window itself). Ensure the Disable Window button is OFF in the "Dropdown Window" section and the Disable Toggles button is ON in the "iOS 5+ Notification" section (and you've disabled it in Settings > Notifications).

Then, it won't be in the Notification Center and you can use the "normal" swipe to open function.

Just so's you know... :)

Marilyn

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes! Of course that is only an opinion. I suggest you try NCSettings and let us know what you think.

I think this thread is officially highjacked ;-)

So now i am so confused? Simple question ? And what did you mean by high jacked? Just wanted to know which was better < nc or sb settings? Sorry still a noob to the JB thing, as well as the IPad.

Apologize for my ignorance!

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So now i am so confused? Simple question ? And what did you mean by high jacked? Just wanted to know which was better < nc or sb settings? Sorry still a noob to the JB thing, as well as the IPad.

Apologize for my ignorance!

Don't apologize, I highjacked the thread. The OP was asking about a function of an app and I have derailed the conversation on to another topic (highjacked). The only way you're ever going to know which one is better is to try them both and see which one you like.

OP
Deathclaw

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although you've moved on to NC Settings, there is a way to have SBSettings separate from the pull-down Notification Center (so you can swipe on the status bar to activate it). You activate the status bar swipe in the SBSettings app (or by pressing "More" in the SBSettings toggle window itself). Ensure the Disable Window button is OFF in the "Dropdown Window" section and the Disable Toggles button is ON in the "iOS 5+ Notification" section (and you've disabled it in Settings > Notifications).

Then, it won't be in the Notification Center and you can use the "normal" swipe to open function.

Just so's you know... :)

Marilyn

Sweet :) thank you

Karlomdv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im just new to jailbreak so idk if thats the right answer ^^^^

Most reactions