What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken iPad 2 with no standard features!

KristinaNY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Windows 7 with an iPad 2 running 6.1.2.

I recently jailbroke my iPad, and obv the first thing on my to do list was to add an amazing theme. I settled on the Buuf theme and went to work.

Fast forward 2 days, and I broke the stupid thing. I'm that clueless. I don't even understand what happened. Apparently it's not jailbroken anymore? Yet, I didn't do a system restore.

I couldn't get the theme to work, no matter who's download I tried. I uninstalled and reinstalled with Winterboard 100x. Finally I tried iSpirit and using someone's bundle. It didn't work and I decided to start over. I went deleting everything from Winterboard, but I was left with the bundle from iSpirit. When I opened up iSpirit, I tried to delete the "themes on my iPad" and perhaps I deleted too much? How the hell could you even delete too much if it's just themes?!

I rebooted the iPad, and that's it. Crap hit the fan. I have no bar on the bottom. I have no settings icon or ANY standard icons (notes/contacts/gamecenter/safari etc) I only have my games and random apps I downloaded from the app store. I don't see Winterboard or Cydia anymore.

I don't have a backup of when I first jailbroke the iPad, I accidently overrode the last one. And the backup before that was a month ago before I jailbroke it. I tried to go back to that, it gave me my old ipad with the new stuff still on it and all the standard stuff missing still.

I went back to iSpirit trying to see what I could do, and it says my device needs to be jailbroken!
I know it's still obviously jailbroken because I had Zepplin and I see a little batman icon instead of AT&T.

Le sigh. I'm a noob, I messed up royally and I don't even know HOW. Please help. Please use laymans terms!

Also, if I have to completely start over, then how do I get back to a fresh 6.1.2... if I go through iTunes it's already warning me that it'll be with the new update of 6.1.3. After I successfully go back to a fresh 6.1.2 then do I restore my last back up post jailbreak? To get back my apps... what about the jailbreak? Or should I go back to the last backup before I jailbroke?

There's no wifi connection or internet either.

Thanks a lot, I know this is long winded, a thousand apologies. Any and all help is appreciated!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds very much like you deleted something you shouldn't have. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to know what you did, and even more difficult to suggest any way to recover the data.

I have never been a user of iSpirit, but perhaps it has a trash system like iFile does? If so, use this to undo what you did.

If not, then you may be forced with the prospect of restoring the device, which will necessitate you going to 6.1.3 and losing your jailbreak :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your iPad does indeed require a restore, you will need an active Internet connection to do so. It can't be done without it, as well, a connection with the Apple servers is necessary to download the new iOS.

OP
K

KristinaNY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see it's on the 3G network. It can't access my wifi anymore because the settings icon is gone. Safari is gone. But it does have 3G. I have games that require internet connection and i'm able to access them. But if I restore, it's 100% going to be the upgrade to 6.1.3? No way back to 6.1.2?

And I don't really know how to use iFile or their trash system, much less find something like that in iSpirit. :( I just dont understand how deleting themes could do this much damage. Makes no sense.

Also, if I tried to revert to a back up from before jailbreaking and it was useless, does this really mean i'm SOL? Or is reverting back to an old save not enough to delete jailbreaking?

What about downloading a direct link to 6.1.2 like from this site (http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios-6.1.2-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-direct-links/)?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see it's on the 3G network. It can't access my wifi anymore because the settings icon is gone. Safari is gone. But it does have 3G. I have games that require internet connection and i'm able to access them. But if I restore, it's 100% going to be the upgrade to 6.1.3? No way back to 6.1.2?

Your iPad is connected to iTunes on your computer for the restore. Yes, the restore will leave you on ios6.1.3. There is a way to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 if you also have blobs for iOS 4.3.3.

OP
K

KristinaNY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm being a noob. I don't know about blobs. Also, why would you downgrade all the way to 5.1.1? Is that how it works? What about the direct links that are available for 6.1.2? Those won't work? Thanks for the advice btw.

Wait, what about this... UNFORTUNATELY, since the release of IOS6, there is no way for iPad2 or iPad3 owners to restore any previous version of IOS (including 5.x) even if they have saved their blobs. ??

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake. If you restore you will end up on iOS 6.1.3 and will have to wait for the release of the next jailbreak.

Last edited:

joelppage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download iLex RAT from cydia.myrepospace.com/ilexinfo/ source, u can restore and keep your jailbreak

Most reactions