What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving PDFs linked through javascript

plsfoldthx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got my iPad and I'm really sad. I wanted to use it for med school since we have tons of PDFs we need to read, but they are all linked through javascript!

I can view them using Safari, but there's no option to save or anything. I've bought Noterize and GoodReader hoping that it can download the pdfs, but they can't recognize it because it's linked through javascript.

I really dont wanna have to download all my files on my desktop and import them just to be able to annotate them. Is there a way to download these PDFs on my ipad?

thanks

OP
P

plsfoldthx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here is a picture of what i mean

when i hover over that link, you can see it links to javascript... when i click the link through my ipad, I can view the pdf file in the browser, but I can't save it because the circled toolbars are missing on the ipad.

i74klv.png

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know you will havetoo save them to your PC then upload. Really shouldn't take that long.... Sorry it's not working to D/L directly if thats a dealbreaker you can probably return it for a refund if your within the first 30 days.

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try downloading the USB Disk app, and the I Read PDF app. It should allow you to save the document to a virtual USB drive and then read from the PDF viewer app.

If you hold your finger on the document do you get the option to save it?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts