What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving a lock screen image (not a screenshot) - help!

mdmaiorano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have a weird question that a bunch of googling didn't help with:

I had set my lock screen image from a personal photo I took with my iPad 2. Somehow I lost the gallery and image I originally set it from, and would REALLY like to get it back. I am not looking to save a screenshot, but rather the actual image the lock screen is using as a background.

My hope is that since it's still showing up as the background for the lock screen, that the original image is still somewhere buried in the iPad, but I can't seem to find it or find any instructions on where it might be.

Thanks for the responses and help in advance!

-Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way to access the lockscreen image using normal user features, settings, or tools.

Third party tools like iFiles or other computer based file tools might do the job, but I'm not aware of any instructions on how to proceed or describing where the file is kept. And it would probably require a jailbroken phone to access that level of system files. It's even less likely to work under iOS 7 than iOS 6, since there is obviously some kind of computation/alteration to the image in order to create the parallax effect.

Most reactions

Latest posts