What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving 4.1 blobs as per dev team blog?

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have my ipad currently jb with 3.2.1. I would like to upgrade to 4.2.1 but only when an untethered jb is out. So waiting is not an issue for me. The only thing I don't understand is the following:

"In the meantime, please make sure you have your 4.1 SHSH blobs for all your devices. These will be important even for firmware beyond 4.1 (using both comex’s method and our alternative, depending on how each of them turn out.)"

I read on the dev team blog.

What does this mean? Currently I have my blobs saved for 3.2.1. As per the blog I would have to upgrade to 4.1 and jb in order to save my blobs?
Can anybody explain what to do? I am just worried that I can not upgrade and jb 4.2.1 at a later stage.

Thanks

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
download tinyumbrella The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella then plug in your ipad/iphone, close itunes if it loads up.

then click on your ipad/iphone in the left hand window and then click "save SSH" just let it run until the green bar is full.

this saves your SSH blobs so you can downgrade later if need be.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe you are good to go, as you already saved your iPad 3.3.1 blobs. I think they were referring to the iPHONE when talking about 4.1 blobs. Their was no 4.1 for the iPad.

OP
O

olivertimm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the answers. now I am far more relaxed.

Cheers

rwijnhov

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i saw the saving blobs mesage to late. So i already did the update to 4.2.1 and have tethered jailbrake now. Is it possible to downgrade to 3.2 and save the blob?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i saw the saving blobs mesage to late. So i already did the update to 4.2.1 and have tethered jailbrake now. Is it possible to downgrade to 3.2 and save the blob?

Sorry, you are out of luck. Too late now.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the answers. now I am far more relaxed.

Cheers

Don't get too comfy. There is a chance if an untethered jb requires 4.1 blobs, it will not be suitable for the iPad. 3.2.2 is unlikely to cut it. We will just have to wait and see what comes out... Hopefully an exploit on 4.2.1 will be found which is suitable.

OzzieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you were jailbroken at 3.2 it might not be too late. Cydia may have saved your blobs. It is still worth a shot with Tiny Umbrella, because if Cydia has them, Tiny Umbrella will show you. And you don't have to be jailbroken to use Tiny Umbrella.

Most reactions

Latest posts