What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saved 4.3.3 blobs

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So i have an ipad 2 on 4.3.3 jailbroken with jailbreakme 3.0

I decided that id finally start saving my blobs. Ive also seen a lot of threads saying that you can only save blobs while apple is signing them.

To my surprise, my 4.3.4 and 4.3.3 blobs were saved.

I know this isnt a bad thing, but im just wondering how my 4.3.3 blobs were saved.

OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked the logs in tiny umbrella and it says my blobs saved okay.

Turns out im not eligable for firmwares 4.3.2 and lower.

Im also not eligible for the ios 5 beta blobs. Why is this?

Edit : i unchecked the request from cydia box and was able to get my ios 5 beta blobs.

Anyone know the correct settings for tiny umbrella?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you not read my FAQ on blobs? :) - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24323-shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions.html

The piece in bold in Q9 explains why you have 4.3.3 blobs.

Also, the "correct" settings in Cydia are defined by what you are trying to do, but now you have all your blobs saved locally you should probably set the options so ONLY the first one is ticked. All others are best unticked.

With this setup you can always use TinyUmbrella to save blobs from Apple whenever a new version of IOS is released, and when you use TU to serve up your blobs to iTunes for a restore, it will put your hosts back into the best state to be in.

Hope that helps.

OP
GenerationX

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, i swear i tried searching for it with the search function in the ipf app. I knew you made one , but i suck at searching x.x

Most reactions