What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung slams apple during the supper bowl - Effective?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a shock for many to find that Apple did not have any ads during the Super Bowl. It is understandable that since there was no new products that needed a big boost, they did not feel the need to spend that type of money. Interestingly, the best advertising of the entire game may have been for Apple,...... when everyone gathered around the Giants and started taking photos with their iPhones. Talk about product placement.

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a shock for many to find that Apple did not have any ads during the Super Bowl. It is understandable that since there was no new products that needed a big boost, they did not feel the need to spend that type of money. Interestingly, the best advertising of the entire game may have been for Apple,...... when everyone gathered around the Giants and started taking photos with their iPhones. Talk about product placement.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was Apples's doing instead of an ad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was Apples's doing instead of an ad.

I don't believe that for a moment; too hard to keep a secret. But it would probably be a lot cheaper to give every member of both teams free iPhones and a two year contract than to buy Super Bowl add time. ;)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Samsung ad rated very low according to most reports nothing new or exciting just kicking at apple waste of money from what I can see

Unfortunately, though, the entertainment value of commercials has almost no correlation with their effectiveness. That's hard for many people to accept but the most effective ads aren't the ones folks like; they're the ones that hammer the product name so relentlessly that you cannot forget them. Entertainment value frequently distracts the viewer from product identification. Sad but true.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not necessarily. If you look at the early iPod commercials with the dancing user images, they were very effective, but did not hammer at the viewers. Many commercials are effective without beat people up. In fact, when the volume goes up, and the haranging begins, I tune out.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It was a silly ad but I have to admit laughing when the Apple geek states that during the Super Bowl they are standing in line like dorks. I mean, it IS a little suspect to wait in line for an item that will be readily available at Noon just as well as when the store opens. They make trillions of them.

Just saying.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not necessarily. If you look at the early iPod commercials with the dancing user images, they were very effective, but did not hammer at the viewers. Many commercials are effective without beat people up. In fact, when the volume goes up, and the haranging begins, I tune out.

Yeah, but you remember the product.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You all are thinking too much on the topic vs the overall theme; that being Samsung cool Apple old. Currently that is not the case. The view of an able user is a young person with jeans on typing with their legs crossed or sitting on a mountain. Compared this to the fact that more and more you view an ipad is being head by news casters, politician and teachers.
Or maybe not and this old man needs to just go to the park, sit under a tree and type on his IPad.

Cheers

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, I rarely buy after looking at ads, I read forums and online reviews etc, however I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the iPad 2, both quality products and no complaints at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts