What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari help please

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone got an idea how I get rid of the 118 118 app ad? I have tried clicking the little x but to no avail!

Attachments

• image-2158661342.jpg
    image-2158661342.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 196

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone got an idea how I get rid of the 118 118 app ad? I have tried clicking the little x but to no avail!
It should vanish when you tap the x. I tried to recreate your problem. The x is really small, and I didn't catch it the first time, but after a few attempts, and then it was gone.

OP
darkangelwitch

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It should vanish when you tap the x. I tried to recreate your problem. The x is really small, and I didn't catch it the first time, but after a few attempts, and then it was gone.

Thanks for trying but no matter what I did it would not go away. I ended up clearing all my cookies and history and basically starting again

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Those app/adds are served up by the website when it detects that you are using an iPad or other iOS device. Depending on how the site is coded they can be difficult to get rid of. I've had them go way nicely with a tap of the (x), for a while at least, and other times, as you've seen, they can cling to the page until drastic measures are taken.

I suspect that whatever method is being used to serve them needs a few bugs worked out.

Most reactions