What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Crash Issue

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A few of those channels may have harsh words, so I'm not sure if I should put them in though. The channels that don't have those words are Dark5, and List25.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes using Safari.

I was checking through some more websites, which mentioned that quite a few users are having this problem after iOS 7 update.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes using Safari.

I was checking through some more websites, which mentioned that quite a few users are having this problem after iOS 7 update.
It's either YT or iOS. I'll see if apple fixes this in the next update.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes using Safari.

That was in back in September, I suppose. I've searched too, and there were no recent issues.

There's also a website (Downdetector) which states that there were issues more than 10 days ago with youtube (the app, not even the website), but everything should be working now.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That was in back in September, I suppose. I've searched too, and there were no recent issues.

There's also a website (Downdetector) which states that there were issues more than 10 days ago with youtube (the app, not even the website), but everything should be working now.
When I was jailbroken (7.1.2) I never had this problem unless I installed a faulty tweak. After restoring I get this problem. I had a few crashes too when I was jailbroken but not as frequent as I wasn't jailbroken. I'll try a full restore.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I was jailbroken (7.1.2) I never had this problem unless I installed a faulty tweak. After restoring I get this problem. I had a few crashes too when I was jailbroken but not as frequent as I wasn't jailbroken. I'll try a full restore.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it'll fix the problem.

alwinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every now and then when I am using safari to play YouTube videos it crashes. Well not every time, it just crashes randomly when I play YouTube videos. I already tried restarting my iPad and clear cookies and history.

Any help is appreciated.

I have the same problem,sporadically YouTube videos crash and I find myself looking at the Home Screen.
I can always reopen the video I was watching without any issues.....

Alberto
I have latest updates and no other issues to report

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I still get crashes when watching YouTube videos. So it may have been a bug in YT or iOS.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems though that I am having frequent crashes even if I am not viewing YT videos. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also, this may be off topic but I also have this problem:
image.jpg
Whenever I try to view the still wallpapers I get this, an empty place of whiteness. No wallpapers. I already tried restarting my iPad but it still shows this. Anyone knows hoe to fix this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so, try the hard reset. Holding down the power and home button until the Apple logo appears. Can take a while.

You may also want to try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This won't delete anything, but you'll have to re-tweak most of your settings (like wallpaper).

If that does not work you're probably looking at a restore. The wallpaper not showing up indicates their is some kind of issue with storage or the OS; and if reseting things does not work then restoring the iPad it probably the only thing that can work.

It's also possible you've got a problem with the hardware, in which restoring might work for a while, but then fail all over again. Only time, or a diagnostic at an Apple Store, will tell.

Good luck.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have not done so, try the hard reset. Holding down the power and home button until the Apple logo appears. Can take a while.

You may also want to try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This won't delete anything, but you'll have to re-tweak most of your settings (like wallpaper).

If that does not work you're probably looking at a restore. The wallpaper not showing up indicates their is some kind of issue with storage or the OS; and if reseting things does not work then restoring the iPad it probably the only thing that can work.

It's also possible you've got a problem with the hardware, in which restoring might work for a while, but then fail all over again. Only time, or a diagnostic at an Apple Store, will tell.

Good luck.

I already did a hard reset. No luck. I tried resetting settings. No luck again.

I tried restoring from back-up, is that considered as an restore?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I already did a hard reset. No luck. I tried resetting settings. No luck again.

I tried restoring from back-up, is that considered as an restore?

Restoring from backup is indeed a restore, and is always your first choice, however it is possible to end up restoring the problem along with everything else.

If the restore form backup did not help, your next step is a clean restore: restore it but do not use a backup. This is a pain because you're going to have to reinstall all you're apps and data individually. And, inevitably something will be loss. If you are careful and lucky this will probably be nothing more than your place in a game or two.

I recommend you do the restore from iTunes on a computer, since this 'should' be more complete than restoring from Settings > General > Reset.

Before doing a clean restore you need to review your apps and all their content. If it is possible to copy/backup those files online or to your computer, do so.

Content purchased from Apple is safe, and you will be able to restore it. Content you added to iTunes (Music), iBooks, or other apps by importing it instead of getting it from an iStore will be lost unless you have it saved off the iPad.

Pay extra attention to apps like Photos, to make sure every file/document you care about is saved.

If you have questions about specific apps, ask. If we don't know then ask the developer.

If this does not work, then you're probably going to have to go through Apple for a repair. In most cases it's only a little more expensive to get a new device. You'll have to make that call if/when you find out what Apple will charge.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts