What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook continually logs out?

Paulr2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my ipad2 is giving me problems with the Facebook App; it used to work perfectly with my wife's FB account but since I have set up my own account it keeps logging out every few seconds/ minutes or when I click on another page.
I have removed & reinstalled the FB App. Several times, cleared cookies, changed my password but nothing seems to work? If I try my my wife's account it works fine?

This is driving me nuts! Also when trying to log back in it will never work first time ( the little circle just keeps spinning) I have to click Edit & usually the second or third attempt logs in, Please help! TIA

OP
P

Paulr2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now tried rebooting after removing the App. Then reinstalling it but still no joy! Can anyone please suggest something else to try?

stairclimber113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem! Logs me out after only a few minutes and then my log in hangs. I cant get in most of the time.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My husband had the same problems with the new iPad. We did all of the things you have done too. He ended up exchanging it for another one. You may need to contact fb, it's probably a problem with the app. Sorry I couldn't offer a solution .

OP
P

Paulr2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, still not got anywhere, sent off to FB but no reply! it's now even worse because in addition & on average it now takes 12 attempts to log back in! :(

OP
P

Paulr2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed it! Found the answer from an iPhone user having the same problem. Solution; log out of FB on iPad & delete app. Log into FB on another pc, delete all active sessions, then on iPad reinstall the App. Job done works flawlessly !

Most reactions