What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Router Password not working

DanRussell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a relatively new Mac person, and have never seen this behavior before on any system.

I turned on my iPad and it asked for a WiFi password. I have a long passphrase protecting my network so I entered it carefully. Several times. No joy. It sees the network, but won't accept the password.

Now I have a Windows desktop machine, a MacBook, and iPhone, and an iPod in addition to my iPad. All of them are working.

So I took down and completely reset my router, using the same SSID and password, after rebuilding it with a different one. Everything still works except for the iPad.

Any ideas?

Dan Russell

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 options...

1) I know it is risky, but you can remove all security from your router and make it completely open and see if your can get in with your iPad.

2) Go to a McDonalds, Starbucks or some other place that has free WiFi and see if your iPad works there.

At least this way you should be able to determine if the problem is with your iPad or somewhere in your router settings.

OP
D

DanRussell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I tried going to an open WiFi and it worked fine. Then I tried rebuilding the router and it still wouldn't work even though all my other devices did.

What finally worked was resetting all the network settings, then shutting down (rebooting) and setting them again. All is now well.

Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts