What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get wi-fi password to iPad?

nycdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad 2 wi-fi, and want to allow it to access my wi-fi network which is WPA2 protected. I have a complex passphrase on the WPA2 to keep my network safe.

How do I get the passphrase onto my iPad so I can paste it into the password box to access my network?

Typing the password in is my last resort being that it's a long complex password and it would be far easier to cut and paste it in like I do with my computers.

Can I do it through iTunes?

Thanks!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you could go around this. Each device I have that has wifi capability, required me to type my password in.

classiqa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or create a text file then copy it to your Ipad and then copy your password from the text file, then paste it. :)

OP
N

nycdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How would I copy a text file to the iPad, or email to myself if it's not connected to wifi? Can it be done through the iTunes connection to my computer? Is there a way to transfer it direct?

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I would just bite the bullet and type it into an iPad note. Then you would copy and paste. You would also have it available for future device connections.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stevnim said:
I think I would just bite the bullet and type it into an iPad note. Then you would copy and paste. You would also have it available for future device connections.

+1

The iPad will need it done manually 1st attempt, cut and paste the code from 'notes'.

Or change to a simple password, get connected and change it back having copied the complex one to the iPad via email.

OP
N

nycdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up typing it in. I was just hoping there was an easier way.

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet, glad things worked out OK.

"Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker."

Most reactions