What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rollerover Notifications

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems my Ipad 2 has apps that still show those rollover notifications at the top of my screen when I unlock, even when the app is not in notifications center. Example, Snoopy's Fair App sent a notification this morning when I unlocked my ipad.

In Notifications Center, its tagged as Off. Badge App Icon off, Sounds Off, View in Lock Screen Off. Alert Style was set to Banners but I thought that if Notification Center was off, then banners would be off too, am I wrong on that one. Same thing for NY Times.

I admit I didnt see that the Alert Style had the option of NONE before I started typing, but thinking that since it wasnt in Notifications Center it should not notify.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Notification Center only refers the pull down notification list. It is not an overall ON/OFF switch for all notifications. The Banner/Alert/None setting is not affected by whether it is on or of. If you want it all off, you have to turn it all off. Any choice that is turned off by another choice will be grayed out and unchangeable.

Most reactions

Latest posts