What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question about the new Reminders App in IOS 5

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like having a reminders TO DO list but is there a way to turn off sound notifications in this App?

I went into Settings / Notifications / went down the list to Reminders and clicked on that.
then clicked on NONE for Alert style, but I am still getting an audible alert.

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
???? How do you do that

When I click on the + sign to add a new item to my reminders list it automatically makes me choose a day and time.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sure the option of List - Date on top is set to List and you don't get a date and time automatically assigned.

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhhh thanks.

I was using the DATE option as I like to have a daily To Do list.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you want to keep your alert notifications, but not the sounds, go ahead and turn whatever notification type you wanted back on in Settings > Notifications, then go to Settings > General > Sounds, and change Reminder Alerts to None.

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If you want to keep your alert notifications, but not the sounds, go ahead and turn whatever notification type you wanted back on in Settings > Notifications, then go to Settings > General > Sounds, and change Reminder Alerts to None.

Amazing .... Thanks again.
Heck I don't need an iPad to make my life easier, just need to carry you around inside of my handbag :)
you know everything

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ayrshire said:
Amazing .... Thanks again.
Heck I don't need an iPad to make my life easier, just need to carry you around inside of my handbag :)
you know everything

You might need a larger handbag. :D

Brode2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to link the Calendar app and the Reminders app on Ipad1? I like to be able to see all my appointments for the month at a glance, as I can in Calendar.

Mike

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brode2 said:
Is it possible to link the Calendar app and the Reminders app on Ipad1? I like to be able to see all my appointments for the month at a glance, as I can in Calendar.

Mike

Today, I was in the Apple store and asked if the iPad will display the Calendar/ Reminder app the same way it does in a MAC. If you go into iCloud on a Mac the Calendar has the reminders list on the right hand side, so you can view both apps at the same time. I really liked that.

Unfortunately the fellow at the genius station said no, it will only work on the Mac. In the iPad you still have to view each app separately.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Brode2 said:

Mike

No. On the iPad they are separate. If you are using iCloud you can see both at the same time in the Calendar app at icloud.com, but only from a computer browser.

I just try and discipline myself as to where I put stuff. If it is something that must be done at a certain date or time (like a dental appointment, meeting, or birthday), then it goes in the Calendar app; because once the day/time is past it is over. If I just want a reminder on a certain date (like a book release, or a bill coming due), then I use reminders; because the actions are flexible and they won't disappear just because I missed doing it that day.

That said, there are third party apps that combine both calendar and todos. Several members like Pocket Informant. It works with the Calendar app, instead of keeping a separate calendar. Who knows, maybe they can/will do the same with Reminders eventually.

Most reactions