What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen orientation

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an interesting issue. I couldn't find anything searching...

I have my iPad setup to lock orientation with the side switch(although it did it once before I set that so i doubt that is the issue). Every once in a while the orientation will stay locked, even though I turned the lock off. The screen will show it locked then unlocked when I flip the switch, but the screen won't rotate until I reboot. I turn it on and off several times and it will not unlock, tried launching a program that required portrait, since the last time it was stuck in landscape, but no go until reboot. Can't figure out why that is. Any thoughts?

Haricot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THe same thing happened to me yesterday after 1 month of use. I was using a Teleprompter app which wouldn't orient correctly. I had to do a restart. It has happened twice since then. Should I bring my iPad back to the shop?

OP
H

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering the same... Anyone else seen this?

OP
H

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At least two of the times it was that darned third party app iBooks :D seriously though it was apple apps more than once. Good idea though

Porcupine8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happened to me once after using an app that only works in portrait mode (Pocket Frogs), everything was stuck in portrait. Rebooting the iPad fixed the problem immediately. Oddly, I play the game several times every day and it's only done it once, but at least it's an easy fix.

Reaction score
Anyone playing Braveheart? Because it also causes the orientation to go haywire. Braveheart is landscape only, but no matter which way, all other apps end up running upside down in landscape mode, when switching between Braveheart and other apps.

OP
H

Hufn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never heard of it... So I guess no :)

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What version of iOS are you running? This was a reported glitch with 4.3, that was subsequently addressed in 4.3.1

I had it happen too, until I updated.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, maybe an older topic, but I just faced this problem as well. Found this topic and remebered there is one app that uses always landscape and another that uses portrait. My IPad would stay in Landscape.

After closing this app the orientation worked again, so there was no need for a restart. My IPad is on 4.3.3 (3G)

Most reactions

Latest posts