What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROKU instead of Apple TV

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I own a ROKU 2 and do not want to spend the monies for an Apple TV device like 90 dollars. My question where are the settings to mirror my iPad 4 and iPhone 4s to my TV?

Sent from my IPAD 4th generation. WIFI only. 128GB

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since I own a ROKU 2 and do not want to spend the monies for an Apple TV device like 90 dollars. My question where are the settings to mirror my iPad 4 and iPhone 4s to my TV?

Hello - I also have a Roku 2 HD and the Roku app on my iPad - the main purpose of the app is to operate the remote easier (e.g. data entry) - there is also a choice to 'Play on Roku' but I believe that music & photos are the only options at present (not sure that movies can be mirrored) - NOW, the bad news is that the Roku 2 does not offer that feature, so you'll need to upgrade to their model 3 (or buy the Apple TV). Dave :)

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - I also have a Roku 2 HD and the Roku app on my iPad - the main purpose of the app is to operate the remote easier (e.g. data entry) - there is also a choice to 'Play on Roku' but I believe that music & photos are the only options at present (not sure that movies can be mirrored) - NOW, the bad news is that the Roku 2 does not offer that feature, so you'll need to upgrade to their model 3 (or buy the Apple TV). Dave :)

Yes Play On is a good idea but not what I want. OK ROKU 3 does mirror iPhones/iPads.

That would be a better option.

Sent from my IPAD 4th generation. WIFI only. 128GB

Most reactions