What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad to TV Wire vs. WiFi

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an adapter cable to send your Ipad output to an HDTV via HDMI that says you get wysiwyg out of your TV from the Ipad. The cable is very short and would make you have to keep returning to the ipad to change outputs.

So..question is. Does any device like Roku, Igugu, or Apple TV give you the same output wirelessly from your ipad to your HDTV? That is, no digital loss..still wysiwyg or rather the same ipad screen only sent now to the tv screen?

And..one more. Are there any TV's out there that you could send your Ipad signal back to your Wifi tower then on to your wifi ready tv? Maybe that's asking too much.

I'm trying to get set up for going all antenna/web tv and cut the DISH cable.

I see new TV's that are wifi ready but only search web TV sites. Seems like they could search any site..search one, why not all of them? So, I must bring my Ipad into play to get all the other TV content I want..or my PC.

Anybody doing this same thing? Cutting the cable?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I've cut the cable and now just have ariel (with freeview and on demand films, tv, etc) and an Apple TV. I use TVout Genie with my iPad and Apple TV for doing a lot of what you are talking about and although it's not perfect it's way better than it's app store score would suggest, here is the devs web site http://www.jwalsoft.com/apps/tvout-genie/tvoutfeatures

Feel free to ask any questions that you have about it.

The Archangel

Most reactions