What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rock permanently froze my iPad? Help!

Adrenochrome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad (OS 3.2, broken using Spirit). Been jailbroken since last week. I use both Cydia and Rock. Left the iPad alone all weekend, get home and find out that Rock has to update something (not sure what), which it did automatically, and AppStore had to update Starwalk. I reopened Rock and did a search for "iPad"...

And it froze solid. Soft reboot (power button) wouldn't turn it off, so I did a hard reboot (home button and power button), and now it just hangs at the Apple logo. How do I fix this? Please help!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Have you tried connecting it to the computer via USB while it tries to boot up?

somehow I don't think its from the rock app.

dpizzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has happened to me a few times. Every time it eventually went back to normal. Just takes a while. By now I imagine all is well with yours.

OP
A

Adrenochrome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's still hanging on the loading screen (Apple logo). I'm going to leave it for about half an hour to see if it boots up on its own. But if it doesn't, what are my options? Put it into recovery mode and do a reset / reload from backup?

Edit: It may not have been the Rock app, but that's the only thing I did (other than updating Starwalk) before it froze. And it froze while running a search in Rock, so...

OP
A

Adrenochrome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. Came back after a while. Weird. Did I just run out of memory or something?

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright let's see. Something tells me that it is not rock. It says that it is ipad compatible so I would trust them to know about these features before they release something like a an app installer to the public.

By any chance do you have the app called backgrounder?

OP
A

Adrenochrome

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright let's see. Something tells me that it is not rock. It says that it is ipad compatible so I would trust them to know about these features before they release something like a an app installer to the public.

I did, as well as Kiriwhatever, but I removed them both the day after jailbreaking through Cydia.

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I did, as well as Kiriwhatever, but I removed them both the day after jailbreaking through Cydia.
Did you remove them though Cydia or Rock?

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this happen right after loading Rock as well. Scared the ?SD!FED out of me... I removed Rock and have not had a problem since.

-Greg

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this happen right after loading Rock as well. Scared the ?SD!FED out of me... I removed Rock and have not had a problem since.

-Greg

I don't understand why these problems happening. I have been using rock for some time now and i have nit seen any problems what so ever.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why these problems happening. I have been using rock for some time now and i have nit seen any problems what so ever.

I guess it could be a coincidence. It could also only be an issue for new loads and updates from a previous version work fine. Not sure but I am passing on Rock for now even though it did look pretty cool.

-Greg

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team

I guess it could be a coincidence. It could also only be an issue for new loads and updates from a previous version work fine. Not sure but I am passing on Rock for now even though it did look pretty cool.

-Greg

I dont use cydia, I only use Rock App. No problems as of yet.

Most reactions