What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roaming problems - India

chandar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using BSNL 3G sim. It works perfectly wherever I am in Tamilnadu 3G sometimes and Edge mostly. Works perfectly on 3G in Chennai.

I have traveled to Mumbai twice and I am on Mumbai - Goa highway today. Connected to Dolphin and Cellone respectively. Though I can see the full strength signal bars, I am unable to access internet - error message says your connection not activated. Has someone found a workaround for this?

I tried the same sim on my 2g phone, I am able to make voice calls!!!

Hope someone can tell me what to do!

Anyone else with seamless roaming in India may post their experience so that it can be useful for others.

Thanks in advance

PS: Neither 3G nor Edge indications were visible while roaming in Mumbai / Maharashtra

Last edited:

krk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BSNL seamless roaming with following APN settings.

APN: bsnlnet
Login and password tobe left blank.

Works while roaming in MTNL as well.

This APN setting is auto updated via carrier setting updates while connected to the iTunes.

These settings would not help if you do not have the 3G or edge indicator in the first place.

The reason for no 3G indicator possibly due to the in progress deployment of 3G network, however edge should have been possible, not sure if you tried connecting manually at various times and locations.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts