What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retailers offer generous iPad discounts, anticipating the next version

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ipad.jpg

​
Don’t own an iPad yet? If not, this might be the perfect time for you to start looking to buy one. Why? Because in anticipation of the big June 20th event, when Apple is apparently expected to unravel the next generation iPad, retailers have started axing up prices of older models. And the iPad seems to be first to be subjected to the process.

Users in search of a sweet deal can now head onto Best Buy. For example, a white 3rd generation Retina Display iPad with Wi-Fi+ Cellular and 16 GB of storage comes at just $405.99 instead of $570. Or maybe you like black - a 3rd generation iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular and 32 GB can be purchased for $475.99 instead of $679.

Best Buy spokesman Jonathan Sandler explained that the drastic price cuts aren’t something new, especially since Apple is preparing to launch a host of next generation devices in two months.

Following the trend, Wal-Mart now offers discounts for iPad Minis. It’s not as significant as the Best Buy ones, but it’s still something. Usually shoppers had to pay up to $324 to get their hands on the shrunken tablet, but now Wal-Mart offers it for $299. Sales on national holidays like Mother’s Day or Father’s Day are also something to watch out for.

In an attempt to counteract the competition coming from companies like Amazon, Google or Samsung that offer cheaper range tablets, Apple released the iPad Mini. Nevertheless, price axing of the bigger iPad is always welcomed by the Apple community.

Source: NY Times

DPJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best buy discounts on iPad

Hi, just read your report and checked for the reduced prices on the iPad Retina 16GB for $405.99. It doesn't exist.
Can someone clarify this information. I'm interested in buying a wifi version for my son. Thanks.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure but those could be united states prices.

Berean4Him

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, probably here in the US as it was a NY Times article. Here's a link to a common Wholesale Club, membership required but well worth it and I bought mine on-line. I only save 10.00 though than if I bought it from our nearest Apple Store. If you go to SamsClub dot com you search out the current prices. Hope this helps!

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in my country authorized ipad reseller still selling ipad 2 for $350 and thats good price :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts