What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next generation iPad could offer 20 times more graphics performance

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-2-back-645x430.jpg

More exciting news come from the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. It seems that the future has moved into that part of America, so Imagination Technologies thought it might spice things up a little for visitors. So it announced that their next-generation PowerVR Series6 GPU core family will offer to future devices which will incorporate it 20 times more performance compared to what he have right now.

And you know where I am heading with this right? Apple is a major shareholder in the company, so it’s pretty clear who’s going to be the first beneficiary of this incredible exciting technology. So far, Apple used Imagination Technologies chips in pretty much every important product it has unleashed on the market – the iPhone, the iPad, the iPod touch and of course Apple TV.

The PowerVR G6200 and G6400 GPU are the first comers in the Power VR Series6 GPU group and aim to create a better performance and to resolve the issue of fast battery consumption. It’s basically a non brainer at this point that the Series6 GPU is intended to provide maximum gaming experience. Apart from that the new technology will probably enable next generation applications as well.

“We are confident that with the Rogue architecture we have a very clear technology advantage and an exceptional roadmap for the PowerVR Series6 family which our partners can depend on.†Said Imagination Chief Executive Hossein Yassaie.

Could it be possible that we will be able to witness the power of this new set of chips when the iPad 3 comes out? There hasn’t been any information about the chip that will power the next generation iPad, but we can only hope.

Source: bgr

nipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When will apple finally bring stereo sound to the ipad ( and iphone ) watching a film on my ipad against a cheap samsung galaxy tab 7 shows how behind apple are as stereo sound makes the whole video and gaming come alive

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Touch sensitive transporter device.
Can beam ship to planet or ship to ship.

Features include long term pattern buffer (holds your molecules in stasis for 50-60 years) if required.

Once I saw it split a man in two. A bottle of Saurian Brandy and an attractive ensign, and he was beside himself. ;)

AA

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marie and admiral--you guys are cracking me up again, as usual!! Love the graphics from both of you!!

Most reactions