What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore iPad 3 (re-restore)

renelarsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

If I want to restore or re-restore my iPad 3 Wi-Fi 3G, JB to 6.1 or 6.1.2, not sure what the right words are fore it, lets say in 3 or 6 or 9 month.
I have saved blobs for ios 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 with TU. How and what do I have to do, so I still can JB my iPad after a restore?
Have search high and low in this forum, but as I can see it's all about how to downgrade to ios 5.x.x (might be I'm blind)

Hope someone can help or tell a purely speaking English newbe :)

/Rene

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Hi renelarsen, as of this time it is not possible to use Tiny Umbrella or your blobs to restore to an iOS that isn't being signed by Apple, but keep saving your blobs just in case something new is discovered, try reading the below sticky, it may make things clearer for you.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/59291-shsh-blobs-faq.html

Chris
IPF Team

OP
R

renelarsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi TheRambler

Thank you for your answer. I thought it was possible to download ios 6.1.2 from Apple now and then saved it on my computer and then some how to merge shsh blobs into ios with my shsh blobs for later to reinstall ios on my ipad from iTunes.
I will read about this guide about SHSH Blobs. Thanks again

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi TheRambler

Thank you for your answer. I thought it was possible to download ios 6.1.2 from Apple now and then saved it on my computer and then some how to merge shsh blobs into ios with my shsh blobs for later to reinstall ios on my ipad from iTunes.
I will read about this guide about SHSH Blobs. Thanks again

It doesn't entirely work like that. The iOS's IPSW (the physical downloaded file) can be downloaded at any time. You can even download the original iPhone's iOS 1.0 IPSW right now and any other iOS IPSW leading up until now. Blobs and APTickets are necessary to downgrade/upgrade/re-restore to an iOS that's no longer supported. But you also have to factor in whether or not there's an exploit that allows you to do it. Examples would be how pre-A5 devices can upgrade and downgrade as they please with SHSH blobs because of the LimeRa1n exploit. The iPad 2 is a special case where you can hopscotch from iOS 6 to iOS 5 assuming you have at least one type of iOS 4 blob available as well. You can't selectively upgrade on the iPad 2 like you can on the pre-A5 devices and downgrading/re-restoring only applies to the iOS that you have blobs for.

Unfortunately there aren't any exploits found on the 3 that allows you to selectively restore like the LimeRa1n exploit does. Maybe in the future possibly

Most reactions

Latest posts