What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing a cracked iPad2 screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lcbr77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cracked :( my screen today how can I get it fixed without costing an arm and a leg?

Bikie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive seen a video once of an iPhone screen been replaced cheaply? Or Maybe I'm dreaming but it would be nice if the same concept exists for my scratch iPad which isnt child proof hehe

Bertdogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try taking it in to an Apple store. There are posts in this forum where people have taken their cracked screen ipads in and getting a 1-time "courtesy" replacement. Apple are one of the best IMO for customer service.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with the previous post - Apple have an absolutely unofficial, unacknowledged, 'they'll deny it if you ask them', one-time courtesy cracked screen replacement. Even the Store personnel don't know about it most times.

So go into your Apple Store - be very polite, very humble, very distraught and explain what happened. You might need to ask to see the Manager - again, very nicely - you might even need to try another store.

But we've had many Members who have had their iPads replaced free-of-charge by Apple, even when the breakage was not in any way the fault of Apple.

See this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-fo...-screen-got-free-replacement-apple-store.html

Tim

emilia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i accidentally dropped my ipad2 and it the screen cracked, can anyone suggest apple store/service centre that can replace the screen in singapore? cause i went to an athorized apple store yesterday, but they said it can't be replaced (they can only fixed the software). please help......

Santiagojimbee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen the thread where they replaced the ipad2 for free. There is a non apple service for $139.00 on the internet. (Google search). I got a new screen for $35.00 on Amazon and will use the youtube video to replace it myself. The screen is attached with sticky stuff (non tech words) and has a few spots to be careful for, if you are up to it. I think Apple wants $240 to replace. Maybe try another apple store for the free replacement.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The thread mentioned in post #4 above is still alive and well.

So, if you have anything to add to the conversation about broken screens, please go there. It'll help keep the conversation in one place, making it easier to follow along.

With that said, this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts