What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

replacement for Picassa

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used Googles Picassa for organizing pictures. does anyone have a suggestion to replace Picassa?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used Googles Picassa for organizing pictures. does anyone have a suggestion to replace Picassa?

Ellie ( dear gran'ma) Picasa is really the best one you can use ... the second one is Flick .....

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Ellie, Are you running a mac or PC?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's what you mean but I store my photos on SmugMug.com -- I love their service!

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com

Good luck finding a replacement...Picasa is pretty complete. The only thing that would come close to it would be Windows Live Photo Gallery Wave 4, but you'll have to wait til the summer for that one.

Why are you looking to replace Picasa?

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have web app but what iq am talking about is you cannot download Picassaq into I pad so I do not have the software to organize and correct my pictures. what can I use on I pad for that. Will I need I photo from apple. This will be my primary computer.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do have web app but what iq am talking about is you cannot download Picassaq into I pad so I do not have the software to organize and correct my pictures. what can I use on I pad for that. Will I need I photo from apple. This will be my primary computer.

Elli
iPhoto is really great for managing and minor editing of photos. I just started using the places feature and love it. iPhoto come bundled with new Macs. If you have an older Mac, you can get iPhoto bundled with iLife for around $49.00. I,m using iLife.com to upload/download photos and other files from my PC to my iPad. The service is free, you just have to register. I used to use Picassa, but since I found iPhoto been using that since. Give it a try

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Elli
iPhoto is really great for managing and minor editing of photos. I just started using the places feature and love it. iPhoto come bundled with new Macs. If you have an older Mac, you can get iPhoto bundled with iLife for around $49.00. I,m using iLife.com to upload/download photos and other files from my PC to my iPad. The service is free, you just have to register. I used to use Picassa, but since I found iPhoto been using that since. Give it a try

kirk thats funny, i have both (in my Mac) and for many reason i prefer iPhoto09 ... different people different taste, different use

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the camera connector coming. That may be all I need. It says you can organize in albums when you import pictures pictures with connector

Most reactions